Motion sickness is commonly seen in children. Usually, children between 5 to 12 years are more susceptible to motion sickness than adults. It would be very stressful to handle your kid during motion sickness, and your journey may become miserable. To avoid the uncomfortable situation and keep your travel safe and full of enjoyment, I would advise you to take some common homeopathic remedies. These remedies will prevent motion sickness and would help to cure the problem.
Motion sickness may strike in car, airplane, sea or any mode of transport. It is also called as airsickness, seasickness or car sickness. The most common symptoms of motion sickness are nausea, vomiting, headache, sweating, and general unwell feeling.
- Cocculus is the most commonly used remedy if the child complains of nausea and vomiting with a change in sleep pattern. Motion sickness becomes worse in cold climate. One cannot bear the smell of food. If motion sickness arises due to the disturbance in sleep pattern or lack of sleep, Cocculus is the best remedy. Thechild will be dull, weak, and can hardly talk.
- Nux Vomica is another good remedy if motion sickness is present with a feel of hangover and feverishness. If the child feels nauseous all the time but cannot vomit, you can think about Nux Vomica. Along with nausea and occasional vomiting, there will be a lot of belching and sour taste in the mouth. Motion sickness may get worse by eating food or drinks, especially, spicy food and coffee. Also, the child will be irritable to the slightest noise or light, and will not want to be touched.
- Ipecac is also a good remedy for persistent nausea and vomiting during travel. It can be used when constant nausea and vomiting with the paleness of face and twitching of muscles are present. Also, if you notice the tongue is clean, and the child has persistent nausea and vomiting without much relief from anything, it is a time to give Ipecac.
- Tabacum is less suggested by me for motion sickness. However, this is one of the common remedies for it. Tabacum is indicated when your child develops severe nausea and vomits on the least motion, especially, when he is atsea. If nausea and vomiting increase due to smoke, then a couple of doses of this remedy is useful.
- Arnica is useful when body ache or soreness of body is present due to motion sickness.
- Arsenicum Album is a well-known remedy for sea sickness. If your child complains of severe burning pain in the stomach due constant nausea and vomiting, which is relieved by drinking warm or hot water and with a frequent thirst for small sips of water, Arsenicum is most likely an indicative remedy. Mentally, the child will be restless and exhausted. He develops restlessness mainly at night and gets so restless that he does not allow anybody to sleep at night. Not only your child will be tired, but you as a parent will be exhausted by taking care of him.
- Phosphorus can be indicated as well in motion sickness. However, it should not be your first choice. This remedy can be given when your child develops sudden symptoms of motion sickness. If the child vomits food or water as soon as it gets warm in the stomach and cannot bear warm food or drinks, you can give them Phosphorus. Such children prefer cold food to relieve the pain in the stomach caused due to constant nausea and vomiting.
- Aconite: Sometimes, kids are afraid of heights, especially, while flying. They are so scared and anxious about an airplane that they tend to develop nausea and vomiting. Just a dose of Aconite, few minutes prior and during the airplane ride would help to get rid of the mess.
There is a long list of homeopathic remedies for motion sickness, but the above mentioned are few of them. The remedies will work if they are strongly indicated. A homeopath must always take the totality of symptoms into consideration to cure the patients.
For more information consult a homeopathic physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/homeopathic-physician
Last reviewed at: 07.Sep.2018
I have nausea and burning pain in abdomen. Please provide advise.
I am a female, 45 kg, 5 feet one inch. I have nausea, slight pain and burning sensation in upper left abdomen, and discomfort on the left side of the abdomen. I am currently on Dolgina, Librax, Calbo. Read Full »
Dr. Parth R Goswami
Family Physician, General Practitioner, Hematologist, Pathologist
Welcome to icliniq.com.
The burning pain and nausea with pain are suggestive of viral gastritis or small ulcer. Acidity or acid reflux from that can lead to nausea by irritation of posterior pharynx.
I suggest taking Rabeprazole 20 mg OD for a week. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss...
Read Full »