Vacation is a time when you enjoy with your family and friends, but a sick person can ruin the holiday. You may not find doctors or any medical help around, especially if you are vacationing at a remote place. In such situations, homeopathy can save your vacation.
Most people carry medicines with them while traveling. If you are taking your kids, it is crucial to carry their medication along as well as they are vulnerable to illnesses during long-distance travel.
In this article, I am going to focus on some commonly used homeopathic remedies for common problems that tend to occur during travel. These treatments are useful for people of all ages. I usually suggest my patients carry these homeopathic remedies with them along with the allopathic medicines.
Following are the homeopathic remedies that would be useful when traveling:
- Aconite - This is the most necessary and essential remedy to carry while you are on-the-go. Aconite is helpful when you have a fear of heights like for instance while flying in an airplane. Many people are afraid of traveling on a plane. Just pop two to three pills of aconite half an hour before take off. Your fear should go away in few minutes.
- Arnica - Arnica is a well-known remedy for external wounds or trauma due to fall, accidents, or injury while playing sports, where you will see a lot of bruises and superficial scratches with minor bleeding. Arnica acts well when a person has above physical symptoms with fear of approaching towards him and does not allow anybody to touch or see the wound. Arnica helps to heal the wound and reduce the pain due to bruises. This remedy should be given in 6C or 30C potency every 15 to 30 minutes depending on the severity of the symptoms.
- Apis - Apis is mainly useful for insect bites causing allergic reactions with swelling, redness, burning and stinging pain. Take Apis 30C twice a day for two to three days.
- Arsenicum Album - Arsenicum album is useful for multiple problems. However, it is most useful in food poisoning and stomach problems like vomiting and nausea.
- Belladonna - This remedy is indicated when a person suddenly develops acute high-grade fever like above 102 F with some hallucinations and becomes violent with a desire to strike, kick or bite someone. Along with temperature, there will be severe throbbing headaches, sensitivity to noise, light, and touch. Belladonna 30C and 200C can repeatedly be taken until the fever subsides.
- Bryonia - Bryonia is useful for cold, cough and fever where cough is dry with excessive thirst. Due to dryness, usually, such people are unable to breathe and must always sit. Typically, warm room or warm environment aggravates the cold and cough. Bryonia 30C and 200C can be taken orally.
- Carbo veg - This remedy is useful for many complaints. But, it is commonly indicated for problems related to indigestion, bloating and belching. These symptoms are mainly seen after eating a heavy meal during vacation. If you get constant belches and bloating and relieved by passing wind or by belching for a short period, Carbo veg is a remedy. You may take two to three pills twice or thrice a day for one to two days or until the symptoms are relieved.
- Chamomilla - Chamomilla is the best remedy for teething in children. If your child is going through teething trouble where his gums are sore and red, making your child irritable, sleepless, there is diarrhea due to teething and other teething-related problems; then Chamomilla is a perfect remedy. You may give your child one to two pills dissolved in water. This medication will calm your child.
- Cocculus - Cocculus is one of the best remedies for motion sickness and complaints following lack of sleep especially when it is from caring for others. Most of the kids and even young people suffer from motion sickness, especially when traveling in a car or when going for a long drive causing nausea and vomiting even by looking at the food or by the smell of food. Four to five pills of Cocculus 30C can be taken before and during the travel. Cocculus is also handy when you have not slept for a few days as you were taking care of your loved ones or if your child has sleepless nights.
- Dulcamara - This remedy is mainly indicated if the symptoms develop due to change in weather especially cold and damp weather, like for example when you catch a cold and cough after getting drenched in the rain or after a sudden change in weather.
- Gelsemium - It is mainly indicated in cold and cough or seasonal flu where a person gets very dull, feels drowsy, with lack of thirst, lacks confidence, body ache, weakness in muscles which develops anxiety and fear.
- Rhus Tox - This remedy is useful in sore and stiff joints and muscles caused by lifting heavy objects or overexertion of muscles. The soreness and pain is mainly worsened by rest or when starting the first motion but improves by continuous movement or walking. Also, these people are primarily restless, both physically and mentally.
Biochemic Remedies During Travel
I usually suggest my patients carry some biochemic remedies during travel as these medicines are very safe and effective for many acute problems. Biochemic remedies are available in tablet form and not in the pills or liquid form. You will need to chew these tablets or just keep it in the mouth until they completely dissolve.
Following are the common biochemic remedies that can be used while traveling.
- Ferrum Phos - You may take this remedy when you feel feverish or as if about to get a fever. Just pop two tablets thrice a day. It will immediately reduce your temperature.
- Magnesium Phosphoricum - Mag Phos is commonly indicated when you get severe crampy pain in your stomach or abdomen, mainly during your menses. If you are not prepared for your menses during your travel, and you usually suffer from severe crampy pain during your periods, then Mag Phos is the best remedy. Just add three to four tablets in warm water. Let it dissolve completely and then drink that water. Take it three to four times a day. You should start taking this remedy as soon as you feel that you are about to get the crampy pain.
There are many other biochemic remedies, but I would suggest the above two during travel. All these remedies are useful when you have no access to the hospital or general clinic or even if there is a long waiting time at the doctor's clinic. You may just pop these remedies as required until you get access to the doctor.
For more information consult a homeopathic physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/homeopathic-physician