Just as crops require proper nutrition in the form of water, sunlight, pesticides, etc. regularly, so does the hair. It needs vitamins, conditioner, and nourishment. We can provide nutrition to the hair in the form of dietary supplements like food rich in vitamins like green leafy vegetables, salads, fruits, dates, etc. But in our stressful life, it is hard to provide an adequate amount of nutrition. So, we need to take vitamin supplements and apply hair oil to provide nourishment. We can also increase nutrient flow to the hair by increasing blood flow to the hair, and this can be done by using Minoxidil solution. Just as crops require a regular supply of nutrition, so does the hair. So, we need to take these supplements and apply lotions and Minoxidil regularly.
Common Hair Problems:
- Dryness: Dryness leads to dandruff and white flakes, which can pluck the hair out of the root when the flakes are shed. When dandruff is more, an infection can occur, and this can leads to pain. At this stage, you need a specialized medical treatment. Shampoos available in the market do not work on severe dandruff and sometimes might even worsen it.
- Hair Fall: Hair grow for some time and then fall off, and new hair takes their place. Every hair goes through this process, so if we have one lakh hair on the scalp, daily approximately 100 hair fall off. Thus, hair loss of hundred per day is considered normal.
- Split Ends: Split ends are a sign of decreased nutrition in the hair. It means that your hair is devoid of adequate supplements.
- Hair Oil: Applying oil to the hair reduces dryness. Oil should be used two to three times a week. Oil should be kept for at least 5 to 6 hours on the scalp before washing it. Do not wash immediately, those who do not like oil can use medicated hair serum.
- Conditioner: Conditioner should also be used two to three times a week. Conditioner should be applied both to the scalp and the hair after regular hair wash. It should be left on the scalp for 3 to 5 minutes and then washed.
- Cutting Hair Short: Cutting the hair short, does not reduce hair fall. Hair fall and hair length have no relation. We are concerned with the root of the hair. Hair which has already grown out of the root does not change much. We thrive to make roots stronger to have stronger and thicker hair.
Hair growth is a very slow process, and it takes time for the root to get nourished and to start producing new hair after treatment. It takes about 30 to 45 days, and then hair starts to grow about 1.5 to 2 inches in length. You will be able to see a difference in about six months.
If you want to prevent further hair fall consult a hair fall specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist/hair-fall
Last reviewed at: 07.Sep.2018