As we all know the definition of health, it is not only about the well being of the body, but also about the mind and the spirit. One should be healthy physically, mentally, and spiritually. For this, we should be aware at the level of the body first, then mind, and finally, work on spiritual awareness.
Science has proved the strong relationship between nutrition and mental well being in a tremendous way. The quality of the food you intake defines your overall physical and psychological well being. It is true that we are what we eat and the recipe for a fit body and a healthy mind lies in the kitchen.
For the body, we should give importance to nutrition:
- Take care of your diet, food combining, natural herbs, macrobiotics, etc.
- Omega 3 fatty acids, Vitamin D3, and the vitamin B group are very important for brain health and should be consumed by natural sources. Supplementation may be needed if there is a deficiency of these nutrients.
- Exercise, yoga, walking, dance, cycling, swimming, sports, etc., is helpful for the release of feel-good factors like endorphins, dopamine, and serotonin.
For awareness of the mind:
- The best way is to meditate daily, and nothing can beat meditation.
- Relaxation techniques like deep breathing, biofeedback, water therapy, music, etc., will also help.
And finally spiritual level:
- This is basically to understand the self, "who I am." The answer to this question is everything itself. At a spiritual level, you will be able to understand the purpose of your life and your existence. You will be able to see that there is a lot of burdens with which you are walking.
- This proves that we create every so-called illness in our body. The body reflects our thoughts and beliefs, "every cell within in your body responds to every single thought you think and every single word you speak."
It is necessary to take medicines and appropriate treatment when we get an illness, but it is more important to take care of the preventive measures so that there will be no need to take medicines.
Let us move on a pathway to being physically and mentally fit. All it needs is to make minor changes to our lifestyle. Let us spread awareness and increase our healthspan and lifespan.
Last reviewed at: 02.Feb.2019
Is Garcinia Cambogia a good slimming product? Can you suggest low carb diet chart ?
I am a 20 year old female. My height is 166 cm and I weigh 77 kg. Actually, I used to take less food only. But, I do not know, how I am getting obese.
One of my friend said that Garcinia cambogia is a good slimming product. So, before using that, I thought of consulting a dietician.
If... Read Full »
Dr. Manidipa Dey
Welcome to icliniq.com.
You need to have low calorie, low carbohydrate and high protein balanced diet chart for your weight loss.
According to your height, your ideal body weight should be 63-65 kg. Diet and exercise both are important for the weight loss program.
Exercise regularly. ...
Read Full »