Ask a "Hiv Prevention Specialist" Online
Ask your Hiv Prevention queries to our experienced hiv aids specialists and receive instant medical advice and second opinion.
Our medical panel consists of over 50 highly skilled hiv aids specialists who specialized in Hiv Prevention treatment.
Hover here to see a Sample Answer »
Your first Query is FREE!
About "HIV prevention"
There is no cure or vaccination available for HIV infection as of now. Methods to prevent HIV infections are:
- Use condoms during sex.
- Emtricitabine-Tenofovir drug can reduce the risk of sexually transmitted HIV infection when taken every day.
- Do not share needles.
- Avoid recreational injectable drugs.
- If you are HIV positive and pregnant, treatment during pregnancy can reduce the risk of your baby getting infected.
- Avoid multiple sexual partners.
- Circumcision has shown to reduce a man’s chances of getting HIV.