Ask your Refractive Surgery queries to our experienced eye care ophthalmologists and receive instant medical advice and second opinion.
Our medical panel consists of over 50 highly skilled eye care ophthalmologists who specialized in Refractive Surgery treatment.
Surgery that is done to correct the refractory errors of the eye, thus improving the vision, is called refractive surgery. The refractory errors of the eyes are myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), astigmatism, and presbyopia. This also includes surgical remodeling of the cornea and lens replacement. The following are the names of a few refractive surgeries performed:
· Automated lamellar keratoplasty (ALK).
· Laser-assisted in situ Keratomileusis (LASIK).
· Refractive lenticule extraction (ReLEx).
· Photorefractive keratectomy.
· Transepithelial photorefractive keratectomy.
· Laser-assisted subepithelium keratomileusis (LASEK).
1130 Doctors Online