Ask your Breastfeeding queries to our experienced paediatricians and receive instant medical advice and second opinion.
Our medical panel consists of over 50 highly skilled paediatricians who specialized in Breastfeeding treatment.
It is essential that infants are exclusively breastfed for the first 6 months of their life. Breast milk contains the right amount of nutrients, can be easily digested and is readily available. The breast produces a thick and yellowish fluid called colostrum during the first few days after delivery, which is rich in proteins and low in sugar. This colostrum is the best source of all the essential nutrients for the newborn, and it also helps the baby’s immature digestive tract to develop. The only thing that breast milk cannot provide is vitamin D, so vitamin D drops are given for breastfed babies. The benefits of breastfeeding are:
• It provides essential antibodies to fight infections and diseases.
• Reduces the risk of diseases like obesity, cold, diabetes, leukemia, etc.
• Promotes healthy weight gain.
• Better brain development.
• Helps the mother lose weight.
• Helps the uterus to contract.
1255 Doctors Online