- The excess body fat stored particularly around the abdomen can lead to type two diabetes, by increasing the body’s resistance to hormonal insulin.
- Make healthier choices when it comes to your diet.
- Speak with your dietitian and understand what is necessary in your diet and what is not.
- Limit take away food and make sure you eat fresh and healthy food.
- Smoking increases the risk of diabetes by two times.
- Increased levels of stress gets in the way of managing your diabetes.
- Figure out the root of stress in your life.
- Educate yourself as to how you can manage stress in your daily routine.
Monitor Blood Sugar Levels Regularly.
The key slots for blood sugar testing follow:
- Early morning once you wake-up.
- Before or after your meal.
- Before or after your workout.
- whenever you feel your body is not right.
Have a Personal Care Plan.
- Know your drugs and their implications if any.
- Make a list of your daily targets.
Have specific goals and achieve them.
- Your emergency contact person.
Get Regular Checkups.
- Visit your doctor regularly and be updated on your condition.
- Make a list of specific questions you to ask your get them answered.
- Plan your targets before next visit.
ANY QUERIES? ASK DOCTOR NOW @ icliniq.com
Do you have a question to ask a doctor online?Ask a Doctor Online Now »