It is a widely known fact that sleep deprivation plays a hand in messing with your immune system, sex life and even your weight. Recent studies suggest that sleep deprivation also increases the risk of diseases like cancer and diabetes.
Listed below are a few specific changes your body undergoes if you do not get enough sleep.
1. You Get Sick: Affecting your immune system, sleep deprivation makes your body vulnerable to diseases. Once you are sick, your body makes it more difficult for you to get to sleep, increasing the problems further.
2. Your Heart Suffers: Your sleeping pattern also affects your heart. Studies show that neither sleep deprivation(Less than 6 hours) nor oversleeping(more than 9 hours) is good for your heart. Sleep deprivation increases the chances of stroke in a person already suffering from heart problems.
3. You Can’t Think: Sleep deprivation affects the way you think. Sleeplessness creates memory problems and also reduces your reasoning, decision-making and problem-solving skills. It also interferes with your alertness and reflexes.
4. Your Libido Lowers: Your sleeping pattern plays a major role in maintaining your testosterone count. A minimum of 6 to 8 hours of sleep is recommended if you have an active sex life.
5. You Gain Weight: Adequate sleep is required to maintain an active metabolism. Sleep deprivation affects the rate at which your body processes food into energy, leading to weight gain or even obesity at the worst case.
6. Your Looks Suffer: Sleeping pattern inversely affects your aging process. Sleeplessness makes you look aged by causing wrinkles, fine lines & pigmentation on your skin.
Follow the link to speak about your problems, with a professional online --> CLICK HERE
Do you have a question to ask a doctor online?Ask a Doctor Online Now »
This article discusses the information regarding the symptoms, diagnostic test, and management of obstructive sleep apnea in brief.... Read more »
Yes, the research has gained a lot of attention and we do consider the facts. But, what has been done cannot be reversed. However, if we go with clinical experience, usually people who modify back there lifestyle do not... Read more »