I have chronic pelvic pain syndrome. Do I need physiotherapy or surgery?

- Answered in Urology

Hello doctor,My question is regarding chronic testicular pain and the possible treatment options ... I read about chronic pelvic pain syndrome and started doing some pelvic floor stretches about a week ago ... But I think I should try pelvic floor physical therapy first ... It was uncomfortable but not too painful ... It is a part of chronic pelvic pain syndromeView thread

What is causing sensitive penis, rectal pressure and pain after ejaculation?

- Answered in Urology

From history and test report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears as CPPS (chronic pelvic pain syndrome) and not to localize prostate as the source of the problem ... Urgency, sensitive penis, rectal or prostate pressure, no pain but happens after ejaculation sometimes and from a bowel movement … View thread

I have discomfort in urethra after intercourse. Is it STD?

- Answered in Urology

It has different terminology amongst different clinicians such as urethritis, prostatitis, chronic pelvic pain syndrome, etc ... Tablet Amitriptyline 10 mg every night for 6 to 8 weeks (it is a mild sedative and painkiller as well) … View thread

What is the reason for on and off urinary infection?

- Answered in Urology

I have now recently been to a urologist and I was told that the infection became chronic ... Such symptoms are a part of chronic pelvic pain syndrome ... Such as premature ejaculation, extremely bad timing, sensitivity of the penis skin, lower back pain, lack of confidence, etc … View thread

Can prostatitis cause the veins in my urethra to get darker and inflated?

- Answered in Andrology

Your clinical features and investigation results fit into chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS) ... I started undergoing internal pelvic floor therapy, which reduced some of my lower back pain ... however, my pelvic floor became very sensitive, on two occasions some physical activities started horrible spasms in my pelvis for days ... Last week, my pain got worse with cramping over my pubic bone ... I had not experienced pain in so many places before … View thread

What is the cause for frequent urination issue?

- Answered in Urology

It is associated with chronic prostatitis in which infection leads to calcification ... However, it is not diagnostic of chronic prostatitis ... Chronic prostatitis is a part of chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS) ... I would suggest the following treatment plan: Get a recent urine microscopy and urine c/s (culture and sensitivity) and get your prostate palpated (examined) by a urologist to rule out pain on touching (which signifies acute infection) … View thread

Is anejaculation a side effect of Silodal?

- Answered in Urology

If clinical findings suggest a chronic prostatitis you need a prolonged treatment for it ... In case of chronic prostatitis, I suggest tablet Bacstol 100 mg (Trimethoprim) twice a day and tablet Alfoo 10 mg (Alfuzosin) at night for one month ... CPPS (chronic pelvic pain syndrome) … View thread

Pelvic Pain

- Published in Women's Health

Chronic pelvic pain that is pain present on most days for six months should not be ignored, and finding the cause is essential ... Interstitial cystitis (IC) - Also called painful bladder syndrome, which is a condition that causes bladder pressure and chronic pelvic pain ... Pelvic Pain Overview The pain felt below the umbilicus and above the thigh is known as pelvic pain ... There are a lot of organs in the pelvic region like bowel, bladder, ovaries, uterus, appendix, etc ... , so the pain can be due to problems is any of these organs … View thread

I am getting pain in penis and tingling sensation in testicles. Please help.

- Answered in Urology

Your symptoms do point towards chronic prostatitis ... With negative culture and positive pus cells, it is likely that you are suffering from CPPS IIIA, which is non-bacterial inflammatory chronic prostatitis ... I went to a urologist and was told to have pelvic pain syndrome ... I am having a ton of issues and pain in my lower region ... The symptoms are lower back pain, pain in my pubic region, pain and tingling in my testicles, burning with and without urination and pain within the penis … View thread

Why do I have mild pain in testicle?

- Answered in Urology

From your symptoms, I believe you are having one of the following: Chronic inflammation of prostate (prostatitis) with pain being referred to testis ... Pelvic pain syndrome with primary involvement of testis ... If all the above ruled out, pelvic pain then this needs long-term pain management and SOS (as and when required) physiotherapy ... I have mild pain in right testicle for a week ... It pains when I walk, jump, rub or masturbate … View thread