Heartburn

What is the treatment for pancreatic rest?

Query: Hi doctor, Please find the attachment of the endoscopy report of my wife. She had stomach pain a long time ago, and we did the endoscopy. But, the doctor did not explain the reason to us. Could you please explain to me? What is pancreatic rest? What do you think about the nature of her polyps and th...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Medical Oncologist, Paediatric Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the endoscopy reports of your wife (attachment removed to protect patient identity). She has gastroesophageal reflux (heartburn). A pancreatic rest is a sort of ectopic pancreatic tissue in the gastroduodenal mucosa. It is always better to wait for a biopsy ...  Read Full »

Are acid reflux and chest congestion symptoms of GERD or a heart attack?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male, who weighs 240 lbs, and I am 5.10 feet tall. Tonight I had what I think was acid reflux or heartburn. I was not sure about it, as I have never had it. I felt like something is stuck in my throat, and also I felt a chest congestion when I tried to cough. I was...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. Let go of your anxiety. Gastroesophageal reflux disease is 80 % corrected by simple diet and lifestyle modifications. So, I would suggest you try the following. Lose your weight. If your BMI (body mass index) is 25 or above, you need to lo...  Read Full »

Is stabbing pain under armpit serious?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old female. My weight is 195 lbs and height is 5'8". I have hypothyroidism and I am on Synthroid. I am taking Amoxicillin for a lingering cold. Yesterday, I experienced a sharp pain on my left side, under my armpit, equal with my left breast. I had this episode of pain ...  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh Badaku Desai

General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern as your grandparents passed of a heart attack, the fear you have is genuine. But, just pain in your chest is not an indication of a heart attack. Since you gave a history of carbonated food and tablet Amoxicillin along with thyroid medication...  Read Full »

What can be done for heartburn and gas problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I have heartburn and gas problem. I have burning pain in between chest and stomach. I have feeling of something stuck on throat. I am facing difficulty with continuous burping.  Read Full »

Dr. C Elanchezhian

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your complaints, you are having GERD- gastroesophageal reflux disease. You can undergo endoscopy examination to rule out any upper GI problems. Try the following medicines and review: 1. Tablet PAN D 1 BID before food. 2. Tablet Libarex 1 BID after foo...  Read Full »

Does Omeprazole 20 mg have side effects?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been suffering from symptoms of gastritis now for over a week. However, I took a capsule of Omeprazole 20 mg, and there seems to be a considerable relief, and I feel a lot better. Is it possible that one capsule can do this? Also, I have read online that Omeprazole can be associ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Omeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor. It will decrease the acid production in the stomach and relieve the symptoms rapidly. The worries like pneumonia or so are very very less. It is usually a safe drug. For more information consult a general medicine phys...  Read Full »

Why is there heartburn after waking up at midnight?

Query: Hello doctor, My father's age is 49 years. He feels burning in the chest after waking up at midnight. Waking up is normal as routine.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your father can have a duodenal ulcer with acid reflux. I suggest Rabeprazole 20 mg OD for one to two weeks for that. Meanwhile, avoid gastric irritants like excess spicy foods, excess tea, coffee, stress, smoking, etc. Cooked oatmeal help in the soothing of the stomach...  Read Full »

I have gastric problems, and I puke every day. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old male, I smoke weed and cigarettes every day, and do not eat food at the right time. So, I have gastric problems and I puke every day, from the past six months. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your details, and I appreciate your concern. As per the history, most likely you have severe gastritis with overlapping esophageal spasm and gastroesophageal reflux. It is because the stomach acids regurgitate back into the esophagus, causing...  Read Full »

Why does my heartburn go away when I lay down in the bed and increases when I sit upright?

Query: Hi, Why does my heartburn go away when I lay down in the bed and increases when I sit upright? This seems to contradict the advice of raising the head while sleeping.  Read Full »

Dr. Madathupalayam Madhankumar

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cause for heartburn is due to the acid from the stomach entering into the esophagus through the lower esophageal sphincter. Other than swallowing times this sphincter is closed and prevents the acid from entering the esophagus.  For people whose sphincter tone is los...  Read Full »

I have poor digestion, bad appetite, and feel nauseous. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male, and I am 155 cm tall and weigh 36 kg. I feel that my digestion is very slow from the past 13 years. I am often constipated, and my appetite is bad. I feel nauseous, burp a lot, and find it hard to digest sweet. I tried taking Rabeprazole and enzymes for this pr...  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The probable causes of anorexia, heartburn, and dyspepsia are as follows: Eating spicy and fried junk foods.  Excessive smoking and drinking habits. Anxiety. Taking NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) or Aspirin excessively. Consuming cold drinks.  Sometime...  Read Full »

What shall I do to get relief from cough and heartburn?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female. I am suffering from the following symptoms: Cough, blocked itchy throat, which is slightly red, burps, farts, little gassy and acidity. This has increased in the past 24 hours. Because of sore throat, I cannot have cold substances to resolve acidity. Also, I can...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You appear to be a case of dyspepsia. The acute onset might be drug induced as gastritis is a known side effect of Azithromycin. Gastritis worsens cough, and the cough further induce nausea and vomiting. Hence, it is very prudent to treat both the conditions. For how long...  Read Full »