Tooth Sensitivity

My molars are suddenly sensitive to cold water only. Should I concern about it?

Query: Hello doctor, My molars are suddenly sensitive to cold water only. Should I concern about it?  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It does call for concern no doubt, but you need to be careful now with that tooth at least. Sensitivity means your tooth's outer layer has been eroded, so you need to take care of a few things, 1. Do not over brush that tooth or tooth in that area. 2. Avoid taking ...  Read Full »

Why does the back of my tooth feel rough?

Query: Hello doctor, About three weeks ago I noticed the backs of only one of my teeth was rough. It has not gotten worse but it has not gotten any less rough after I brush it. On my third tooth forward from my 13 years old molars.   Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The roughness of back teeth should not be a problem. It could be a reason of aggressive tooth brushing or using any aggressive toothpaste or any trauma. If the same tooth becomes sensitive to cold or hot or sweet food then it should be concerned. If you quickly rub thro...  Read Full »

My 7-year-old had a filling a month ago and has pain in it now. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,My 7-year-old child had a small filling about a month ago in his top premolar (baby tooth). Two weeks later he said it hurts a little when biting and with temperature. I have taken him to two different pediatric dentists who did X-rays and did not see any cracks in the filling or infect...  Read Full »

Dr. Smitha Yalavarthy

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly it is not a premolar but a deciduous molar, as premolars are absent in baby's dentition. And please check if the baby is having sensitivity or pain. There is a small difference between the two, which we can differentiate while a baby cannot. If the cavity is ...  Read Full »

Is it possible to clean the tooth without removing the enamel?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a bad habit of chewing pan masala, due to which my teeth turned red and looked bad. I went to the dentist to clean my teeth, what he did is, he took a very fine sharp, toothbrush like driller, and rubbed it over my teeth, that instrument sprinkles some liquid as well. After some t...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I would like to say you that, is the right machine which all dentists use to clean the teeth. It is called ultrasonic scaler, and it sprays water and not some other liquid. I saw the picture you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient ident...  Read Full »

I have sensitivity even after wearing a crown for it. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My dentist went for a crown for my molar because my molar was too sensitive. Now the sensitivity has reduced but not gone completely. My crown was fixed before two years. What can I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Crowning the tooth could not be a solution for sensitivity, and moreover, you say that you still feel the tooth to be sensitive. There is a high chance that the molar with the crown is not the culprit. Also, the sensitivity could be for two reasons. 1. Enamel wear e...  Read Full »

How to stop teeth from tingling?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a fuzzy feeling in my teeth. Kind of like a tingling it is not really pain but it sends chills through my gums and it has been going on for like four days. How should I stop it?  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Try using Sensodyne sensitive or any toothpaste for sensitive teeth. Apply toothpaste on teeth that are giving you tingling sensations for 2 or 3 minutes like cream then after it do gentle brushing, not vigorous one. Follow this routine for two weeks. Use Chlorhexidine mo...  Read Full »

How can black and sensitive tooth be cured naturally?

Query: Hello doctor, The tooth has become black and feeling sensitivity while chewing and when having some cold and sweet feeling like it is due to the cavity. Can I reduce it naturally?  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question and I can understand your concern. As per your history, it looks that you are having reversible pulpitis, that means there is a cavity in progression. If you will get it filled, sensitivity will go and there will be no further decay. If...  Read Full »

I am having tooth sensitivity and bad breath. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am feeling sensitivity in my teeth and my mouth smells as well. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Jakhmola

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As stated by you this seems to be the case of gums disease commonly called pyorrhoea.  Read Full »

Why am I having tooth sensitivity in other teeth after extraction of adjacent tooth?

Query: Hello doctor, Six weeks ago, I had tooth #2 pulled. The healing process has been normal as described by my dentist. I am now experiencing temperature sensitivity on tooth #4, which was previously asymptomatic. Even room-temperature liquid hurts. About eight weeks ago, I had the crown on tooth #4 re...  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, your tooth might be sensitive due to the extraction process that happened in the surrounding area. Keep doing saline water mouth rinses. Take a 1/4th teaspoon of salt in a cup of lukewarm water and do its rinses 3 to 4 times a day for a week. If sensitivity goes aw...  Read Full »

Can gum be brought back to its original position after recession?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. I have a tongue side gum recession in lower front six teeth. I am feeling sensitivity and my teeth are slightly mobile. I have gum receding near about 6 mm. Can gum be again gained to its original position? What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your gum recession is not very severe. You just have to get scaling done at every 8 to 10 months time period. And for sensitivity, use Protect (Potassium Nitrate) mouthwash for sensitivity for one month twice a day. And do saltwater mouthrinses before sleeping for two w...  Read Full »