HomeAnswersObstetrics and Gynecologyabdomen painI am pregnant and experience extreme pain in my lower stomach and I throw up everything I eat and pass stools. Why?

What can cause lower stomach pain, throwing up, and passing stools during pregnancy?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At November 9, 2023
Reviewed AtDecember 6, 2023

Patient's Query

I recently found out that I am pregnant, but I have so much pain in the lower part of my stomach. I throw up everything I eat and pass stools (even if I do not feel so). The pain is extreme, and I do not know what to do. Kindly help.

I can understand your concern and I will definitely help you regarding this issue.

It is important to consult your healthcare provider as soon as possible regarding the pain and symptoms that you are experiencing during pregnancy. They will be able to provide you with the best guidance and appropriate medical care. In the meantime, here are a few suggestions that may help alleviate some of your discomfort:

1. Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of fluids in small, frequent sips to prevent dehydration, especially if you are vomiting frequently. Opt for drinking water, clear broths, or electrolyte-rich drinks.
  2. Eat small, frequent meals: Instead of having large meals, try consuming smaller portions throughout the day. This can help reduce the risk of nausea and vomiting.
  3. Choose bland, easy-to-digest foods: Stick to plain foods such as crackers, toast, rice, or yogurt that are less likely to trigger nausea and are gentle on the stomach.
  4. Avoid triggers: Identify any specific foods or smells that worsen your nausea or vomiting and try to avoid them if possible.
  5. Consider ginger: Ginger, in various forms like ginger tea, ginger candies, or ginger capsules, may help relieve nausea in some individuals. However, it is always best to check with your healthcare provider before trying any herbal remedies during pregnancy.

Remember to prioritize your health and communicate openly with your healthcare provider about your symptoms. They will be able to assess your situation and provide the most appropriate advice and treatment options. If the pain becomes severe or if you experience any other worrying symptoms, do not hesitate to seek immediate medical attention.

I wish you healthy and happy times ahead.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Vandana Andrews
Dr. Vandana Andrews

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Read answers about:

vomitingabdomen pain

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy