Abdominal Discomfort

Are post-nasal drip and stomach ache symptoms of an allergy?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had a sore throat on and off, for the past few weeks. It is not severe, but more of an annoyance with some referred ear pain. This week, I had a family member, who is a nurse, look at my throat to see if it was red or irritated. She noted I had quite a bit of post-nasal drip, but...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be having some mild inflammation of the sinuses and nasal cavities. The same instead of causing headache or nose block is causing post-nasal drip which occasionally flares up as a sore throat. Let me suggest some medicines that I would do in my practice...  Read Full »

Is my belly swollen due to fatty liver?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a CT scan done. The report shows that I have an enlarged fatty liver measuring about 22.6 cm at the right midclavicular line. Is this considered a grossly enlarged liver? I have been a heavy drinker all my life. I have read that anything over 16 cm is enlarged. In my case, it is...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fatty liver is a very common condition in the general population, especially who are heavy drinkers. It is due to the excessive deposition of fat in the liver. It is considered as the first stage of alcoholic liver disease. Usually, the symptoms include heav...  Read Full »

What are the signs and symptoms of colic?

Query: Hello doctor, Kindly tell me the following: 1. What is colic? 2. What are the signs and symptoms? 3. What are the causes? 4. What are the remedies? With experience, kindly tell how parents can deal with colicky babies.   Read Full »

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Colic is abdominal discomfort or pain mostly seen in the evening in bottle-fed babies. A consolable cry which improves with particular positioning of the infant. Most of the time, the cause is not known. Mostly associated with formula feed, improper burping practices. No ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for hard stools, belly bloating and abdominal discomfort?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had lower left side abdominal discomfort for about 48 hours. Along with this I passed hard stools in pellet form for about frequent 4-5 times a day. I also have belly bloating and gas which gets better with rest. I do not have fever, chills or severe pain. Pain is mild and not c...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com. From the available history it seems that you are having dehydration and because of dehydration your stools are not formed properly and you are passing small frequent hard stools. Because of your incomplete evacuation of stools you are having pain and abdominal discomfort....  Read Full »

Is it true that there is no cure for functional dyspepsia?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old male, I have a constant and mild abdominal pain whole day, especially in the morning. I feel heavy all day long, but still, have an urge to eat. I fart and belch more than usual and have a foul smell. I have a sense of indigestion in my stomach all day long. I defecate...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, you are not sick, and you do not have any disease. Your symptoms are because of your disturbed gastrointestinal flora, and our intestine contains a lot of bacteria, some of them are good, and some of them are bad. Good bacteria like lactobacillus helps in proper...  Read Full »

I am having cramps in my lower abdomen after taking I-pill. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old female. I took an I-pill 12 days back, and since then I have a cramp in my lower abdomen. It feels as if I will get my periods, but still, I did not get it.  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I-pill only makes the hormonal environment unsuitable for the embryo to get attached to the uterus lining. It makes the inner uterine lining thicker, which may not shed immediately. If you have never had a normal delivery before, your cervical opening will be very narr...  Read Full »

I have abdominal discomfort and gurgling sensation after stopping Raciper. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 54 year old female. I was taking Raciper plus for 15 days. After stopping, I have upper abdominal discomfort and hunger feeling. The abdomen is gurgling. Is this normal?  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I need to know what symptoms were you prescribed Raciper plus for. Did you have the same symptoms before starting the medication? I am providing you a free follow up to answer these questions. Revert with the asked details for a better help. For more ...  Read Full »

My mother has diarrhea, and her stomach is bloated and paining. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My mom is not feeling well, and I am concerned about internal bleeding. This morning, she had a decreased appetite, foot swelling (right), and diarrhea. She has back pain along with pain and bloating in the abdomen. She just wants to go to bed. She also noticed some spotting in her underw...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Diarrhea, back pain, abdominal pain, and decreased appetite are most probably due to a colon cause, which could be an inflammatory bowel disease or diverticulosis. If these episodes keep coming, your mom will need a colonoscopy to confirm the diagnosis. As for the spot...  Read Full »

What are the side effects of Gorochanadi Gulika?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 2 years and 5 months old. She was on tablet Gorochanadi Gulika when she was 1 and a half year old. She took it for a month to balance her vata-pitta dosha, and she was all right. This year also the same medicine was advised as she was not very active, and I am giving her ...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. Gorochanadi Gulika contains metals and also some non-veg contents. It is used to treat a wide variety of disorders and also beneficial for children's ailments. Yes, due to metal contents it has some side effects. So take it under the doctor's super...  Read Full »

Can bowel movements get disturbed after marriage?

Query: Hi doctor, I got married before 10 months and since then my lifestyle has changed. As a result of this, I am suffering from increased bowel movement. Over last three months it has become very frequent for almost two to three times a day. Sometimes they are fine but at times stools are like soft porr...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to assure you need not have to worry as everything is going to be fine, if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have gone through your case thoroughly and can understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »