Q. Please explain the signs and symptoms of colic.

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 10, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 14, 2019

Kindly tell me the following:

1. What is colic?

2. What are the signs and symptoms?

3. What are the causes?

4. What are the remedies?

With experience, kindly tell how parents can deal with colicky babies.

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

Child Health Paediatrics
#

Colic is abdominal discomfort or pain mostly seen in the evening in bottle-fed babies. A consolable cry which improves with particular positioning of the infant. Most of the time, the cause is not known. Mostly associated with formula feed, improper burping practices. No exact treatment remedies are available. Positioning, proper burping, various colic drops are available in the market which might be helpful.

| 

Until how many weeks into the pregnancy is abortion possible?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old unmarried girl. I am curious to know about the various options for abortions (medical and surgical) and up to how many days they can be done. I tried to look online but, I got several different answers. So, I thought of asking a doctor about it. Also, I want to know...  Read Full »

Why does my 10 months old son get loose motions frequently?

Query: Hi doctor, My 10 months old son gets loose motions very frequently from the last two months. He was also admitted one time. Again he is having loose motions. I am giving him Econorm sachet. Please suggest.  Read Full »

What is the treatment for hard stools, belly bloating and abdominal discomfort?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had lower left side abdominal discomfort for about 48 hours. Along with this I passed hard stools in pellet form for about frequent 4-5 times a day. I also have belly bloating and gas which gets better with rest. I do not have fever, chills or severe pain. Pain is mild and not c...  Read Full »