Q. Please explain the signs and symptoms of colic.

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 10, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 14, 2019

Kindly tell me the following:

1. What is colic?

2. What are the signs and symptoms?

3. What are the causes?

4. What are the remedies?

With experience, kindly tell how parents can deal with colicky babies.

#

Colic is abdominal discomfort or pain mostly seen in the evening in bottle-fed babies. A consolable cry which improves with particular positioning of the infant. Most of the time, the cause is not known. Mostly associated with formula feed, improper burping practices. No exact treatment remedies are available. Positioning, proper burping, various colic drops are available in the market which might be helpful.

|