Q. I am getting abdominal pain while coughing, and sneezing. What is the treatment?

Dr. Vandana Andrews
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Oct 02, 2019

I am having mild pain while coughing, sneezing, or doing some full stretch work below the lower rib in the right side of the abdomen. Kindly suggest treatment.

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Kindly get an ECG, chest x-ray done. Also, mention what medication are you taking for your sickness. Pain while coughing could be due to inflammation in the intercostal muscles due to excessive coughing. Other reason could be due to pleural effusion. That why at lest chest x-ray and ECG is needed to make the right diagnosis. You can try muscle relaxant for pain relief like Mobizox one tablet two times a day for two days (Chlorzoxazone is a centrally acting muscle relaxant used to treat muscle spasm). Antihistamine for cough and sneezing.like tablet Montair-Lc one tablet daily once a day for five days.

I am having cough and chest congestion for the last three days. Is this pneumonia?

Query: Hello doctor,I am having cough and chest congestion for the last three days. Also getting a mild fever again and again. I also have a chest X-ray done today only. Please suggest is it pneumonia and if yes how severe is it?  Read Full >>

Dr. Srinivas Morampudi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your chest x-ray appears normal. There is no pneumonia. What you have is an upper respiratory tract infection (URTI), mostly caused by viruses. This is a self-limited disease and usually clears up within seven days on its own. Sometimes, cough can persist a while lon...  Read Full

My cough lasted only for a week and the doctor says it is tuberculosis.Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, There is parenchymal infiltrate on the right upper lobe of my lung. My doctor said that I have a ptb3, which looks like a serious stage of tuberculosis. I was shocked because I never had a cough since September. Before the month of September, my cough lasted only for a week and then su...  Read Full >>

Dr. Indu Bhushan Kumar
Radiodiagnosis Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Only parenchymal infiltration in the right upper lobe does not confirm tuberculosis. It needs clinical correlation and further investigations. You need an apicolordotic view of chest x-ray. It gives an excellent view of apical region of lungs. Because, in the normal che...  Read Full

I have severe sneezing and running nose. Please help me out of this.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male, suffering from allergy for past 6 years. I am facing this problem more in winter. Early morning, I will get 10 sneezes continuously. If I take cold foods, I will have running nose throughout the day and severe sneezing. Also I have itching and watering of eyes. C...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. My diagnosis of your condition based on the information you have provided is allergic rhinitis. However, to confirm the same I want you to do two investigations namely serum IgE and absolute eosinophil count. Both are blood investigations. Allergy is not curable, how...  Read Full