Q. I am suffering from pain in lower abdomen, penis and testicles. Kindly advice.

Dr. Vaibhav
Published on Jun 06, 2019

I have pain in lower abdomen, penis, and testicles. Please advice.

Dr. Vaibhav

Urology
#

Pain in lower abdomen and testes can be due to multiple causes ranging from urinary tract infection, infection of testes, varicocele, or some stone problem in ureter and kidney. You will need a few investigations to see for the cause then only treatment can be advised. You will require sonography of abdomen and testes, microscopic urine test, and renal function test. Depending on the report of this test, we can determine the cause and advice further. If pain is too severe, you can visit a urologist for physical examination.

Sonography of abdomen, pelvis and scrotum,with colour Doppler testes, urine microscopic test, and renal function test.

Epididymo Orchitis, urinary tract infection, varicocele,
and intermittent torsion.

Follow-up with reports.

| 

I think I have some STD. Because I had unprotected sex with someone last year. What all tests should I get done? I had some boils in my head, and they are not getting better. Whenever I take antibiotics, it gets fine and then again, after some days they appear.

Dr. Vaibhav

Urology
#

The test mentioned above will help us reach a better understanding of the disease. Add blood sugar also in the above test as you have multiple infections. Even if you have STD, it can be treated by medication, but we need to rule out other causes of pain first.

| 

Should I get an HIV test done?

Dr. Vaibhav

Urology
#

Yes, it can be done. Do western blot or Elisa (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) test for HIV. It is more confirmatory.

| 

Where can I get these all tests done?

Dr. Vaibhav

Urology
#

Yes, any lab will do this test.

| 

I will get all these tests done and will send my report to you.

Can a herniated disc cause testicular pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48 year old male. Ten days back, I noticed that my testicles has moved up and are receding into my groin. I also have a dull pain in the testicles. This pain is not always there, but it happens on and off. I am worried that this may be a serious condition. Could you please l...  Read Full »

Having abdominal pain and bloated feeling for five months. Could this be due to colon cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had abdominal pain for five months. It is mainly under the right side ribs along the right flank. I also have some pain on the left. I feel gassy and bloated. The stomach makes some crazy noises. I was constipated for a few months, but now I have constant diarrhea. I am going to ...  Read Full »

What is the management for pain in penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain at the right side near the penis for 20 days. MRI done on pelvic region showing infective etiology likely, there is thickening of right side epididymis, and vas deferens, right side seminal vesicle is thickened. Mild hydrocele on the right side. A thick-walled, 22.5*21*34 m...  Read Full »