Q. I am suffering from pain in lower abdomen, penis and testicles. Kindly advice.

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Abdominal Pain or Testicular Pain? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Dr. Vaibhav
MBBS ., MS ., SENIOR RESIDENT ANDROLOGY AND UROLOGY
Urology

Pain in lower abdomen and testes can be due to multiple causes ranging from urinary tract infection, infection of testes, varicocele, or some stone problem in ureter and kidney. You will need a few investigations to see for the cause then only treatment can be advised. You will require sonography of abdomen and testes, microscopic urine test, and renal function test. Depending on the report of this test, we can determine the cause and advice further. If pain is too severe, you can visit a urologist for physical examination.

Sonography of abdomen, pelvis and scrotum,with colour Doppler testes, urine microscopic test, and renal function test.

Epididymo Orchitis, urinary tract infection, varicocele,
and intermittent torsion.

Follow-up with reports.

I think I have some STD. Because I had unprotected sex with someone last year. What all tests should I get done? I had some boils in my head, and they are not getting better. Whenever I take antibiotics, it gets fine and then again, after some days they appear.

Dr. Vaibhav
Urology

The test mentioned above will help us reach a better understanding of the disease. Add blood sugar also in the above test as you have multiple infections. Even if you have STD, it can be treated by medication, but we need to rule out other causes of pain first.

Should I get an HIV test done?

Dr. Vaibhav
Urology

Yes, it can be done. Do western blot or Elisa (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) test for HIV. It is more confirmatory.

Where can I get these all tests done?

Dr. Vaibhav
Urology

Yes, any lab will do this test.

I will get all these tests done and will send my report to you.

Dr. Vaibhav
Urology

Ok sure.

Can disc herniation cause testicular pain and make my testicles to retract?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48 year old male. Ten days back, I noticed that my testicles has moved up and are receding into my groin. I also have a dull pain in the testicles. This pain is not always there, but it happens on and off. I am worried that this may be a serious condition. Could you please l...  Read Full »
Dr. Jeremy David O'kennedy
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your pain. The most important condition to exclude when a testicle becomes high-riding with associated pain would be testicular torsion (twisting and occlusion of blood supply to testicle). Torsion is however incredibly rare in older males and occ...  Read Full »

Having abdominal pain and bloated feeling for five months. Could this be due to colon cancer?
Query: Hi doctor, I have had abdominal pain for five months. It is mainly under the right side ribs along the right flank. I also have some pain on the left. I feel gassy and bloated. The stomach makes some crazy noises. I was constipated for a few months, but now I have constant diarrhea. I am going to ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your question, most likely it is not colon cancer. The problems are due to disturbed gastrointestinal flora. Our gut consists of its own environment of a microorganism called gut flora. They are responsible for proper digestion of food. Once this flora is depleted...  Read Full »

What is the management for pain in penis?
Query: Hello doctor, I have pain at the right side near the penis for 20 days. MRI done on pelvic region showing infective etiology likely, there is thickening of right side epididymis, and vas deferens, right side seminal vesicle is thickened. Mild hydrocele on the right side. A thick-walled, 22.5*21*34 m...  Read Full »
Dr. Saurabh S Pandya
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is the infection involving right testis, right sperm tube and both sides of groin lymph nodes. Please get a urine routine and culture test done. From the list of medications, I do not see any antibiotic. I suggest you start capsule Doxycycline 100 mg twice daily,...  Read Full »

What Is Trigeminal Migraine?
One of the most common complaints of patients in general and ENT practice is a headache. And in chronic cases, it might ...  Read more »
Why am I having muscle twitches all over my body?
Hello doctor, I have been having muscle twitches all around my body for about two months. First I noticed it in the leg...  Read more »
Will my kidney stone escalate my issues of high BP and diabetes?
Hello doctor, I am a 48-year-old male. I have a high blood pressure since five years and type 2 diabetes mellitus since ...  Read more »

Also Read Answers From