Q. I get abdominal pain on the left side while sitting or standing for a long. Why?

Dr. Talal Hussain
Published on Feb 14, 2020

I have a abdominal pain in my left side, it is not acute and continuous, but when I sit or stand for a long the pain arises. My doctor prescribed Banocide and Ultracet tablets.

Dr. Talal Hussain

Internal Medicine
#

There could be many reasons for the problems you are stating. So to know exactly what is the cause of pain many more questions need to be asked.

I would like to know exactly where on the left side does the pain occurs? Is it below the ribs or lower than that? Do you have any change in taste or acidity? Does the pain also go to the back? What is the color of your urine? Any other problems like loose motion or vomit? Do you have a fever? These questions will help me come near to the diagnosis and then with relevant tests, we could come to a confirmed diagnosis.

As far as the medication that are prescribed to you I would like to say that both of them are strong pain killer which are given for problems like kidney stones, but they will not cure the problem. So the diagnosis is a must to find out what is the problem with you in order to give you the correct drugs.

| 

The pain arises lower to my left waist and the lower back pain arises when I sleep or suddenly stand up after sitting. The urine color is normal and no change of taste or acidity till now. I do not have a fever.

Dr. Talal Hussain

Internal Medicine
#

Well, now the site of pain is pretty clear and possibilities narrow down. Urinary tract infection (UTI) is still possible. So to confirm that a detailed urine report is needed. Apart from urinary tract infection, there could also be a possibility of a kidney stone which can also be tested some what on urine detailed report by showing few RBCs.

One thing I am sorry to say that I still do not know your gender which could further help with a few other possibilities that are possible in one gender but not in the other.

Urine infection. Kidney stones.

Urine report. Ultrasound pelvis and abdomen.

UTI, Urolithiasis, if female then ovarian cyst.

UTI, Urolithiasis.

Take plenty of water, antispasmodic agent in combination with Acetaminophen (Buscopan).

Avoid dehydration. Maintain good hygiene.

With ultrasound and urine report, or if pain increases.

| 

Three kidney stones came out and my creatinine levels is 1.6. Is it dangerous?

Query: Hello doctor, One week before three kidney stones came out, and I have a burning sensation while urinating after that. I went to the doctor he took some test and told that my creatinine level was 1.6. Is it dangerous? I have hypertension and my value is 150/100.  Read Full »

Having abdominal pain and bloated feeling for five months. Could this be due to colon cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had abdominal pain for five months. It is mainly under the right side ribs along the right flank. I also have some pain on the left. I feel gassy and bloated. The stomach makes some crazy noises. I was constipated for a few months, but now I have constant diarrhea. I am going to ...  Read Full »

How to Prevent Kidney Stones?

Article Overview: This article discusses the ways to prevent the formation of kidney stones. Read Article

A kidney stone is a common condition affecting individuals of all age groups. It is a recurring problem with approximately 50 % individuals experiencing a second episode. Though some people are prone to kidney stones, majority experience it because of their lifestyle.      ...  Read Article