Q. My wife gets acute abdominal pain for the past three years. Please help.

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

For the last three years, my wife had an acute abdominal pain due to gastritis. All the blood reports, sonography reports, x-ray are normal. Please help.

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

#

If it is due to gastritis, you should go for endoscopy, until that time you can start tablet Pantakind DSR (Pantoprazole).

| 

The endoscopy reports are normal. The pain is acute and is in the upper abdomen. For the last 10 days, she is in taking medicine capsule Sompraz IT (one capsule daily morning), syrup Sucral-O (two teaspoons twice). For the last three years, she is frequently suffering from this type of pain, the pain is so much acute that we have to hospitalize her.

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

#

First thing your endoscopy report is not normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it shows chronic duodenogastritis. So pain could be due to chronic gastritis, there can be H.pylori related gastritis, for that you have to undergo an endoscopic urease test, or you can start empirical treatment. For that, it includes tablet Pylokit for 14 days, instructions are written on tablet strips on how to take it.

Second thing, if the patient is eating highly spicy food it should be avoided. She has to modify her lifestyle, it includes less spicy food, avoiding chinese foods, taking proper sleep, avoid addictions if any, and most importantly daily morning exercise.

The third thing even after this her abdominal pain is not decreased, you can go with a CT scan abdomen on a good quality scan machine.

You please stop Sompraz, if you start Pylokit for 14 days. The patient may not tolerate Pylokit but she has to complete treatment. Along with Pylokit she can take syrup Sucral O.

CT abdomen.

| 

Why have you written the word tolerate? Without doing the endoscopic urease test can we start the medicine? Or the H.pylori test can be done by blood or stool test? Is the disease curable completely?

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

#

I used word tolerance because most people, feel some sensation of nausea. After taking this, there is H.pylori stool test also but it not so much accurate. Better you start the Pylokit, actually, H.pylori infection is present in almost everyone, but disease manifest in some people where we do not know the reason. But after the treatment most people get relief.

|