Q. Please suggest a permanent cure for my abdominal pain.

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 09, 2017 and last reviewed on: Mar 09, 2021

For the last one month, I have abdominal distention, indigestion and dyspepsia. I feel pain in the abdomen, bloating, nausea and burping. The pain in the abdomen recurs after a few hours. It is more frequent during daytime (mostly after taking the meals) and less during the night. I have made the following diet changes. I have dropped tea and citrus fruits (oranges) altogether. I am taking black grapes, ginger with salt and honey before sleeping. Please suggest suitable remedies for the early and permanent cure of the ailment from the reports attached.

#

• I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and most are normal. It seems you are suffering from colitis or gastritis.
  • Avoid junk food and fermented food. I suggest you take a good probiotic twice a day for 10 days with your doctor's advice.
  • Avoid spicy food, fermented food, alcohol, smoking and heavy meals.
  • Do not stoop or lift heavy weights. Raise the head end of your bed.
  • If you are obese, then reduce weight.
  • If you are under stress, then manage stress levels by meditation and exercise.

For further information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|