Q. What causes upper abdominal pain with pain in the chest and back region?

I am a 23-year-old female, and I have been having upper abdominal pain for a while. I was treated for H.pylori infection with antibiotics a month ago. I ate something greasy, and I have been having chest pain and upper back pain after that. Kindly help me know the cause of my abdominal pain. Is it still H.pylori or something else?

Thanks.

#

Your differential diagnoses are acid peptic disease, gall bladder stone (cholelithiasis), and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).

Kindly help me know the following to help you better;

1) How severe is the pain?

2) Do you have any vomiting?

3) Is your pain aggravating on eating food or remaining hungry?

4) Is there any weight loss?

5) How are your stools?

Kindly revert with the answers.

Thanks for the reply.

1) The pain is severe.

2) Yes, I am frequently vomiting.

3) Spicy foods tend to make me feel sick.

4) No, I do not have weight loss.

5) My stool is fine, but sometimes I have diarrhea.

I am waiting for my abdominal endoscopy results.

Thanks.

#

Based on the current details, it looks like you have an acid peptic disease or peptic ulcers. I suggest you do an endoscopy. I would recommend the following till we get the endoscopy results;

1) Kindly take a soft and bland diet.

2) Take a tablet containing a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone once daily.

3) Take muscle relaxants like Mebeverine twice daily.

Kindly revert with your endoscopy results.

Take care.

|