Q. Due to abfraction, my upper front teeth are discolored. Are my teeth dead?

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

I am seeing by my top gumline 6 of my teeth have mild abfractions and are changing color from the gumline down. I do not know what to do and I am freaking out. Are my teeth all dead? My last visits to the dentist's office is in November of last year and I noticed some color change in February but I did not know it was severe. What are my options?

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentistry Endodontist
#

I went through your query and seen the attached image (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The image is not clear to determine any specific concerns of yours as color was not visible properly. But as an expert, your teeth looked fine.

You need scaling.

Do Betadine gargle in lukewarm water.

Take tablet Metrogyl ER 1 tablet bd for five days.

Your left lateral looked short. It might be due to the quality of the image. If it is like that I doubt it to be deciduous can be sure, the image was hazy. Anyways no worry, nothing is dead, so please do not freak out.

Stains and calculus.

Intraoral x-ray of the upper left lateral incisor.

Scaling and medications.

Avoid sticky or sweet food.

Follow up after 7 days.

| 

How can I manage sore throat?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a sore throat from last 15 days. Medications taken are Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid taken for five days BD. The next course includes ZOCEF CV 500 BD for eight days. Levocetirizine 5 mg OD at night from the last 15 days and Betadine gargle thrice a day (both Levo and gargle, ...  Read Full »

Can I use whitening toothpaste for the yellow stains in my teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have yellow stains in my teeth. I feel very bad before others. This problem has been there since childhood. I have attached the pictures of my stained teeth. Please advise.  Read Full »

Why is my tooth root exposed?

Query: Hello doctor, My two front bottom teeth are wearing away from the inside (from below upwards). They will soon have the roots exposed and then I will surely lose them. Is there anything I can do to slow down the process? Brushing now seems to accelerate it with chunks coming out!! I have not been to ...  Read Full »