Q. Due to abfraction, my upper front teeth are discolored. Are my teeth dead?

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

I am seeing by my top gumline 6 of my teeth have mild abfractions and are changing color from the gumline down. I do not know what to do and I am freaking out. Are my teeth all dead? My last visits to the dentist's office is in November of last year and I noticed some color change in February but I did not know it was severe. What are my options?

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentistry Endodontist
#

I went through your query and seen the attached image (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The image is not clear to determine any specific concerns of yours as color was not visible properly. But as an expert, your teeth looked fine.

You need scaling.

Do Betadine gargle in lukewarm water.

Take tablet Metrogyl ER 1 tablet bd for five days.

Your left lateral looked short. It might be due to the quality of the image. If it is like that I doubt it to be deciduous can be sure, the image was hazy. Anyways no worry, nothing is dead, so please do not freak out.

Stains and calculus.

Intraoral x-ray of the upper left lateral incisor.

Scaling and medications.

Avoid sticky or sweet food.

Follow up after 7 days.

|