Q. I have fluctuations in heart rate with chest tightness and fatigue. Please explain my EKG.

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Can my EKG be overread, please? My general practitioner read mine and I would feel better if a cardiologist looked at it. I have a lot of fluctuations in heart rate, shortness of breath, chest tightness, fatigue, and dizziness. Labs show a positive D Dimer, elevated SED rate, elevated platelets, Vitamin B 12, folate, and vitamin D deficiency. Ruled out clot in lungs with CT scan, no signs of fluid in lungs, no mono, and negative for COVID-19. Waiting for Holter monitor results. I started treatment for vitamin deficiencies.

#

Your ECG (electrocardiography) is normal. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I think you are talking about a slight variation in heart rate in this ECG strip. Yes, it is there and it is called sinus arrhythmia. Sinus arrhythmia is a perfectly normal arrhythmia. It is one of the only two rhythm problems which are called good arrhythmias. Do not worry about this. This sinus arrhythmia means your heartbeats are perfect.

If you are talking about some other type of heart rate variation, Holter will clarify it. If there is any rhythm problem you feel concerned for, you can ask anytime.

Positive D dimer is very nonspecific, and diagnosis cannot be made on it alone. Keep taking Folate, vitamin B12, and D supplements.

|