Q. When I get angry, my heart rate gets abnormal, and I have palpitation. Why?

Dr. Isaac Gana
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 18, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 23, 2020

My heart rate gets abnormal after different intervals. Yesterday my BP was 80/140. I get palpitation and feel uneasy while I am angry or during a sudden emotional rush. I have been feeling this problem for the past one year. I am taking Telmikind (20 mg), and Nebicard (2.5 mg). And I took an ECG and Echo. Why do I have palpitations? Please suggest remedies and medications.

#

Thanks for your query.

Sorry to hear about your health issues. Please be positive, and you will be fine. You were experiencing palpitations. These showcases as a rapid heartbeat or a racing heart. Often palpitations are not caused by underlying heart diseases. The reason they come up is when there is a trigger. For example, tobacco, alcohol, sleeplessness, coffee, etc. So limit the use of such substances and sleep enough, at least six to seven hours a day. You will be fine. Do you mean your blood pressure measured 80/140 or 140/80? Please measure and get back to me.

Best regards.

Thank you, doctor, for your reply.

My BP is 140/80 mmHg, and also I have an increased heartbeat along with increased blood pressure. Should I continue my medication?

#

Blood pressure of 140/80 mmHg is fine. The diastolic blood pressure, which is the lower value (80), is perfect at 80. It is an essential value. I advise you to continue the medications as prescribed in these dosages. Nebicard (Nebivolol) will also help to reduce your heart rate. It might take a while, though, but you will be fine. I wish you sound health.

Best regards.

|