Q. What issue did the technician see in my ECG?

I am diabetic and hypertensive for the past 15 years. I took an ECG before six years. My BP was 140/90 mmHg, and I was prescribed tablet Telma 40 mg. After taking it, my BP came back to normal, and it was around 110/70 mmHg. I stopped the medications for three years, and my BP was still normal.

I repeated an ECG recently, and the technician said there is some issue in my reports. So, kindly review my report and help me with the cure.

Thanks.

#

Do you have any symptoms like chest pain, heaviness, or breathlessness on exertion? Do you have any previous ECG (electrocardiogram) for comparison?

In medical terms, your illness is called sinus rhythm. Your ECG report states left axis deviation, Left atrial fibrillation, T wave inversion, and no other significant abnormalities in wave (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity).

This means there are minor changes in the ECG. These can sometimes be normally seen in females. However, considering the age, diabetes, and cholesterol issues, the risk for heart diseases is high. So, I suggest you undergo further cardiac evaluation. You should do an echocardiogram as the first step and if it is normal, then go for a TMT (treadmill test).

I hope this helps you and get back if you have any more doubts. Also, attach the previous ECG if you have one.

Thanks for the reply.

I have attached the ECG taken six years ago for your reference.

Thanks.

#

There are some new changes in your ECG. Initially, there was T wave inversion in V1; now, the change is evident in V3, although sometimes such changes may be seen due to altered lead position over the chest. So, I advise you to undergo further evaluation as mentioned above.

|