Q. I did not follow drugs as suggested by the doctor for abortion. Will it lead to infection or infertility?

and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on May 21, 2019

I had an abortion a week ago, and the doctor suggested me to take two pills at a time, but I have taken one tablet at each time. Will I be having any problem in future like infertility or infection? Will my uterus get cleaned due to this?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The question is not entirely clear. Have you already aborted or yet to bleed, and what is the name of the pill? Any pill used for abortions are safe and have to be taken in full and advised doses to get the best results. They never affect the uterus adversely. They are usually hormones, so do not stay in your body beyond the particular cycle.

They do not affect your health or your future fertility potential or future pregnancies. You will continue to have periods, as usual. You can have a normal sexual life, and healthy pregnancies in the future. If bleeding has stopped, have a pelvic scan to confirm if the uterine cavity is empty or any tissue is left over. I hope I have clarified your query, do write back if any more questions, and for your feedback.

Why am I bleeding after one week of consumption of abortion pills?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 9 months old baby whose birth was by C-section. Now again I think I am pregnant and missed my period for 10 days. I checked with prega news and found 2 light pink lines which I thought to be positive. We do not want to have the second baby now. Then I took abortion pills and ...  Read Full »

We are undergoing infertility treatment.Will this treatment cause birth defects in our child?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 24 years old and she has PCOD. We have been trying to conceive for the past 2 years, but no result. We went to infertility specialist six months ago. He started the treatment through medicines and one IUI. But, all the treatments failed. Then, he decided to go for IVF....  Read Full »

Ringworm Infections

Article Overview: This article discusses in detail the preventive measures for ringworm infections. Read Article

Dr. Vinay Kumar

Medical Name: Tinea corporis This is an infective condition of the skin that is caused by fungus which has tendency to grow fast in the hot, humid regions of the body. Facts About Ringworm Infections: Ring worm infection affects people of all age groups and has a worldwide distribution. It...  Read Article