Q. I did not follow drugs as suggested by the doctor for abortion. Will it lead to infection or infertility?

Answered by Dr. R Balakrishnan Menon and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Abortion Pills or Infertility? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I had an abortion a week ago, and the doctor suggested me to take two pills at a time, but I have taken one tablet at each time. Will I be having any problem in future like infertility or infection? Will my uterus get cleaned due to this?