Q. I was bleeding for 10 days after a medical abortion. Is it normal?

Dr. Garima Sawhney

I had a medical abortion ten days ago. I had a bleeding until yesterday, which was brown in color. So, I took a USG today, which showed the endometrium thickness to be 12 mm. Is this normal? Is D and C really required in my case? Is there any other treatment option?

#

• There is no need of undergoing a D and C (dilation and curettage) if there are no retained products seen in the USG (ultrasound sonography), and symptomatically there is no bleeding or spotting.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Thanks a lot. I feel relieved after seeing your reply. Is it normal for the bleeding to stop within ten days of an abortion? What is your opinion about the thickness of the endometrium?

#

• If all the contents are out then, the bleeding will stop in ten days and this is absolutely normal. Do not worry about the thickness.

|