Q. Can a horizontal wrinkle on my glans penis be due to dry masturbation?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula
Published on Dec 22, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 06, 2019

For the past few months, I have noticed a horizontal wrinkle on my glans penis all over and the glans is not as pink as before but slightly dark and blackish. I am worried that frequent dry masturbation is the reason behind the wrinkle. There is no blood, pain or discharge from it. The only thing is wrinkle which is very much visible when the penis is small but when the penis is enlarged, the wrinkle is very less visible. Also, I do not think it is a bacterial or a fungal infection because there is no symptom. Of note, my fasting blood sugar is 79.

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

However, we would be able to give you better suggestions if you could upload appropriate images of the lesions you have described.

Kindly mention if you are a diabetic or not.

If you have had any sexual exposure, kindly furnish details regarding it such as the use of a condom, exposure to a commercial sex worker, or the mode of intercourse.

Have you used any antiseptics to wash the affected area?

For more information consult a cosmetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

I am not a diabetic. Last month the result of postprandial sugar was137 and fasting was 79. Also, I never had sex with anyone. I have never got surgery nor any blood transfusion. I am sure that there are no STDs. I do not use any antiseptic to wash the area. I only do masturbation two to three times a day for the past few years. These wrinkles have started from the tip of the glans and they go horizontally down the glans. There is no extra growth or bump on it. They are less visible once penis gets enlarged or stretched. I have uploaded few images. In the image, you can see the small horizontal wrinkles. There are also dark shades present in the lower part of the glans.

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

#

I have gone through the images you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

There is no possibility of infection.

There are numerous physiological variations in the skin depending upon the genetics.

They just appear to be a few wrinkles and nothing more.

This could just be normal for you.

Masturbation repeatedly can lead to such a thing and it is advisable to use a lubricant while doing so.

I suggest you take Emoderm (white soft paraffin) cream twice daily for two weeks

What Are These Rashes On The Corona Of My Glans Penis?

Query: Hello doctor, It has been four months since I have been suffering this problem. I have been to the sexual clinic. They say that all my tests were negative. They keep saying it is a non-sexual rash. I have had this white spot near my urethral opening for three months which is what is ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Kakkar
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The spots near the tip are a normal variation perhaps due to the keratinized mucous membrane near the tip as it is exposed and therefore it has a slightly rough texture. They are not warts.  I am more concerned about the rash on the corona of the glans. It look...  Read Full

Diabetes Mellitus and Oral Health

Article Overview: This article emphasizes the impact of diabetes mellitus on oral health problems and its management. Read Article

Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder which affects the uptake and use of glucose by the human body. As a result, the glucose level in the blood rises beyond normal which has an overall impact on the general health and oral cavity. Types Of Diabetes Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: It oc...  Read Article

Will Masturbation cause Premature Ejaculation

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old unmarried male. I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I am masturbation from 13 years od age using sex toys. I am not lasting more than two minutes. I am taking antidepressants and doing squeeze technique. But, it does not help me. Kindly suggest medicine for prema...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. First of all, I would like to tell you that masturbation is not the reason for the problem of premature ejaculation you are having. Masturbation is a safe habit, and most of the men masturbate. Diabetes increases the risk of premat...  Read Full

Ask a Cosmetologist Now