Q. What can cause pain and abscess under the eyebrow shaft?

Dr. Arpit Varshney

I am 17-years-old suffering from an abscess on the right side under the eyebrow shaft. I am feeling obsessed with its pain, as it is hurting me in that area continuously. Please suggest the treatment of such an abscess to get relief from it at its early stage.

#

I have read your concern in detail and will surely help you out.

First, you need to start a good antibiotic and a good painkiller to suppress all the infection and disease activity in that abscess so that it does not worsen or grow in size. I will suggest you the medications. The second thing is you need to get your eyesight and blood sugar checked, as poor eyesight and high blood sugars can commonly cause such types of infections. And if any such thing is detected, I will suggest you start treatment of the same to prevent such infections in future.

I suggest the following treatment, and your abscess will be fine.

1. Tablet Augmentin (Amoxycillin and Clavulanic acid) 625 mg thrice a day for five days.

2. Tablet Zerodol SP (Aceclofenac, Paracetamol, and Serratiopeptidase) one tablet twice a day for three days.

3. Ciplox D (Ciprofloxacin and Dexamethasone) eye drops - two drops thrice a day for each eye.

Take this treatment, and you will see a lot of improvement in the next five days. If it does not improve, you will need a minor surgery called an incision and drainage to drain the pus out. But I do not think that will be required. You will recover with medicines only. I hope this helps. Kindly revert in case of further queries. Thank you.

|