Q. Is it true? Tooth Infection may cause redness below the eyes?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 05, 2022

I have about six broken teeth. They are a mess. I am so scared of the dentist, but I need to see one. I am in constant pain all the time. I have had two abscesses in the last six months. I had eye infections as well on the same side. I am sure that it is connected. What to do?

#

Yes, the tooth infection can cause redness below the eyes.

Please go to a dentist soon, and there is no need to fear as dentists are very smooth and painless in their treatment methods, and you will not even know it. If the tooth is restorable and you can afford it, then root canal treatment is the treatment of choice. Otherwise, you have to extract it soon. You have to at least start taking antibiotics like tablet Amoxicillin-CV 625 mg as soon as possible for five days to reduce infection (consult with a specialist doctor, talk with him or her and take medicines with their consent).

Send a picture for a better treatment plan after diagnosing the exact problems.

|