Acetylcystine

Are post-nasal drip and stomach ache symptoms of an allergy?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had a sore throat on and off, for the past few weeks. It is not severe, but more of an annoyance with some referred ear pain. This week, I had a family member, who is a nurse, look at my throat to see if it was red or irritated. She noted I had quite a bit of post-nasal drip, but...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be having some mild inflammation of the sinuses and nasal cavities. The same instead of causing headache or nose block is causing post-nasal drip which occasionally flares up as a sore throat. Let me suggest some medicines that I would do in my practice...  Read Full »

What causes postnasal drip and swollen tonsils?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 46 year old female, and I am a non-smoker and non-drinker. I received a kidney transplant 16 years ago. I am in a very good health, and I had no bouts of rejection. I eat well and exercise. I just started a new job in another city, so I had to move. Two months back, everyone in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Enlargement of tonsil on one side is not usually a good sign. Infectious or inflammatory causes usually cause enlargement on both sides. The constant post-nasal drip points to some cause in the sinuses. Constant post-nasal drip can act as a cause for enlargement of tons...  Read Full »

Why do I have a bloody spot near the back of my throat?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having some issues with my throat from the past couple of months. I feel a tightness in the neck. I do not have a runny nose, but I have post-nasal drip and lots of phlegm or mucus in the mornings. I feel like I need to clear my throat a lot. The symptoms seemed to go away fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can see inflamed and enlarged tonsils with a congested posterior pharyngeal wall (back of the throat). A post-nasal drip running for a couple of months suggests some sinonasal inflammation as...  Read Full »

I have a constant sore throat with lymph nodes enlargement. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor, About two months ago, I developed a sore throat. It was mainly on the right side. I went to urgent care, and they did a quick strep test, which came back as positive. I also had a little bit of a stuffy nose, and mainly the right ear felt full or plugged. I went home with antibiotics, ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms described by you suggest that you are suffering from a recurrent acute rhinopharyngitis. You may call it a recurrent acute upper respiratory tract infection. The initial infection has not healed completely, and it gets flared up frequently. Moreover, the ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for paracetamol poisoning?

Query: Hi doctor, My friend took 4 g of Paracetamol yesterday morning for back pain. Then, he visited the hospital yesterday evening for Paracetamol poisoning. What is the treatment for this situation?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. More than 3.5 g of Acetaminophen can cause liver toxicity. But, one time dose should not cause too much harm. Technically, if it is more than two to four days, then the accumulative effect is dangerous. Since he went late, I doubt that he would have received the activa...  Read Full »

Why there is a constant mucus flow from the nasal cavity to the throat?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a dry nose feel like, and I have constant mucus running from my nasal cavity to my throat. I always clear throat coughing up clear mucus or clumps. I have a very little sore throat. Always feel like I got something stuck in the bottom of my throat.  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mucus trickling down to the throat from nasal cavity is suggestive of sinusitis. When your sinuses are infected, the normal physiology of nose is lost, and mucociliary action of the nasal mucosa is lost which causes the formation of thick mucus which trickles down to t...  Read Full »

I have a sticky throat always. Is it a major issue?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a sticky throat always. I feel mucus is stuck in the throat. There is no pain. I can easily swallow.  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If mucus is coming from your nose to the throat, then you seem to have sinusitis. Do you have a blocked nose, headache or excessive sneezing? Revert with more information to an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otol...  Read Full »

I woke up today morning with wheezing and cough with mucus. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 41 year old female. I woke up in the morning with wheezing, throat congestion, and cough. The cough was not dry but with mucus. It looks like the weather has triggered it. I have experienced this condition previously at the same time of the year. I also feel some heaviness in the...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are sure you have wheezing, I suggest you start using inhalers having a combination of Salmeterol and Fluticasone propionate. Using a Levosalbutamol inhaler would also be beneficial. Take one puff twice daily for a week and then only one puff at night for a we...  Read Full »

I have sore throat and lost my voice for about a month. How to get that treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old. Over four weeks ago, I started getting a sore throat and lost my voice for about a month now. I have a sore neck like something is grabbing it. My voice has been sore if I try and talk. I have mucus coming up, which is white colored with some blood. I am on Penicillin V...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I would suggest you take a swab of the throat mucus and ascertain the organism that is growing and producing the symptoms.The sensitivity pattern will reveal whether the organism is responding to the antibiotic being taken.To help lighten the mucus and remove it, I sugge...  Read Full »