Q. There is heaviness in the body with dizziness and gastrointestinal reflux. Please help.

Published on Aug 04, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 06, 2019

There is heaviness in the body always. I feel like bursting whenever I lay down. I am grinding teeth, have dizziness, and gastrointestinal reflux.

Hematology Pathology
#

The bursting and acid reflux problem can be connected to each other. But dizziness might not be due to acid reflux. For acid reflux, you need to take Pantoprazole like antacid for a week. Avoid the intake of excess spicy foods. Head should be elevated by putting a pillow when going to sleep. It is advisable to go to bed two hours after taking the meal.

For dizziness, your blood pressure and sugar level should be checked first. You need to get checked your detailed otological evaluation for primary workup. Beta Histidine can be taken for dizziness. The anemia also can be causative sometimes, so rule out it by CBC.

I have headaches, dizziness, and swollen feet and ankles. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am wondering if anyone would know what is wrong or what other tests can be done. My ANA is 1:360, TSH is 0.5, free and total, T3 and T4 are normal. SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus) is negative, Sjorgen's is negative, and thyroid ultrasound is normal. Symptoms experienced are extrem...  Read Full >>

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. Firstly, let me summarize your complaints and investigations. You have symptoms of ill health which include headaches, giddiness, and swelling of feet and ankles. Positive findings on investigations are your high leukocyte count of more than...  Read Full

Suffering from acid reflux and bloating for the third time in a year. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I have had severe acid reflux and stomach bloating three times in the past 12 months. It started suddenly each time. There is no prior symptom. This is the third time and it has been going on for a month. During the first time, I treated myself with antacids (Calc...  Read Full >>

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You described two different entities here. If you have indigestion due to any reason, then you may have bloating, burping, heaviness of abdomen and early satiety. This occurs due to less enzymes available from the stomach, gall bladder and, pancreas for digestion due t...  Read Full

Why am I having dizziness and blackout with swollen throat?

Query: Hello doctor, For a couple of days now I have been ill and the symptoms are getting worse. First, it started off with a swollen throat (which I still have but is not as bad) which gives me a phlegm cough but has reduced. I constantly have dizziness and blackouts with pulsating sensations not only g...  Read Full >>

Dr. Geethu Thomas
Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on descriptive history, I come to the conclusion that it started off as a viral infection (a sore throat) and has progressed to a secondary bacterial infection which has manifested as a cough with phlegm and due to phlegm accumulation in your sinuses, you are experi...  Read Full