Q. What can be done for gas and acidity problem?

Dr. K Jagannathan
Published on Oct 03, 2018

I have gas and acidity problem and I do not drink tea more and no smoking and no alcohol and only one cup tea and this cause me a gas problem and then I have pressure and feel very tired and I feel fresh after going to the washroom and then I feel empty stomach. Please tell me the medicine for it.

Dr. K Jagannathan

Medical Gastroenterology Paediatrics
#

You have mentioned that you have acidity and gas. Even a cup of tea is making your problem worse. You also mentioned that, after going to the washroom and emptying your bowel, you feel better.

Gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Irritable bowel syndrome.

1. Tablet Nexpro RD 40 mg once daily for four weeks.
2. Tablet Colospa 135 mg twice daily for two weeks.
3. Avoid milk products.

1. Avoid spicy food.
2. Have good sleep.
3. To eat on time.

Taking Pantoprazole for GERD. Is any drug interactions between Pantoprazole and Voltaren?

Query: Hello doctor, I am on 40 mg Pantoprazole twice a day for GERD. I just took 50 mg Voltaren for a bad back and I am worried sick. I checked online and it said no drug interactions. I have not yet taken my nightly dose of Pantoprazole, should I not take it?  Read Full »

I have GERD. Can you suggest any treament?

Query: Hello Doctor, I have been suffering from stomach ulcer for the past 2 years. Till now the ulcer was not severe, but since few days I have been having stomach pain everytime after having food. Doctor diagnosed that, I have GERD. But even then I faced GERD problems rarely. But for the past 3 weeks ...  Read Full »

Please suggest some ayurveda medicine for IBS.

Query: Hi doctor, I am getting diarrhea for five days in a month. Also, I always have loose stool. When I consulted my doctor I came to know that it is irritable bowel syndrome. I would like to get it cured through ayurveda medicine. Please suggest me a treatment.  Read Full »