Q. My sister suffers from severe acidity, vomiting, neck and back spasm. Kindly suggest a solution.

Dr. Pooja Pardhi
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 13, 2020 and last reviewed on: Oct 23, 2020

My sister is 40 years old. She is suffering from severe acidity, vomiting, neck, and back spasms. She had taken Mobizox tablet for pain relief. After continuing with that tablet for some days later, she developed severe acidity and vomiting. Later on, she started screaming in pain. No hospitals are taking new patients. We went to a hospital, and they gave Myospaz and acidity medicines. After taking those, she started behaving more hysterically. Kindly help.

#

I have gone through your query. As per your query your sister needs proper evaluation and check up to know the cause of repeated spasms and pain as there are many causes of this.

In my opinion, she should stop taking Myospaz and can use other pain relievers and continue taking antacids. If possible, get her serum electrolytes, serum calcium, magnesium, and serum vitamin D3 levels done. You can give her an electoral solution because many times, muscular spasms are due to electrolytes deficiency. You can also give her coconut water. Maintain proper hydration by giving plenty of fluids, fruit juices, soups, etc.

Tell her to do some light exercises and mind relaxation exercises like meditation and yoga. You can go for a video consultation with me on icliniq so that after obtaining a proper detailed history, I may be able to help you more.

|