Q. Why do I feel burning in my chest and abdomen on eating food and unable to pass stools?

Dr. Sugreev Singh

I have been experiencing a burning sensation in my chest and stomach for two weeks. Whenever I get the feeling of poop, I go to the bathroom, but no bowels come out. Sometimes I fart or get burps. When I fart, it feels like the gas is trapped inside me. Also, when I eat certain foods, I experience a sharp pain in my stomach. I am not under any medications, but I tried taking medications such as Pepto-Bismol and Phillips, but nothing helped me move my bowels. I have been doing this for two weeks now, and I am worried. Please help me.

#

Thank you for writing, and I understand your concern.

Burning sensation, pain, and no bowel movements can be due to acidity in the stomach. I would suggest-

1. You must eat a high-fiber diet which includes fruits and green vegetables.

2. You must drink water in good quantity.

3. You must avoid eating spicy food and heavy meals such as meat.

4. I suggest taking Lactulose syrup (galactose and fructose) 15 mL once before sleeping for three days. It will help to move your bowels, and you will feel better.

Please tell me whether you are under any stress? And did you notice any blood in your stool?

|