Q. How to get rid of the pimple scars?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Sep 26, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 28, 2019

I have a little oily skin, 1st I had pimples after they bust that will turn into a black mark, and it will take a very long time to go. Please kindly suggest me to get rid of it.

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

#

Pimples are very common in this age group due to hormonal changes. Whenever you do try to squeeze out them with your nails then they damage cells near vicinity of the pimples, and these dead cells causes black, brown or red discoloration. You should avoid to squeeze out them.

1. Wash your face by Patanjali Saundarya face wash and apply Himalaya Clarina anti-acne cream twice a day.
2. Orally you should take Himalaya Purim tablet one tablet thrice a Baidyanath Raktashodhak Vati 1 tablet twice a day after meals.

1. Avoid spicy and fried junk foods.
2. Quit smoking and drinking if you have these habits.
3. Drink plenty of water.
4. Do regular kapalbhati, Mandukasana, and Ardhamatsyendrasana as well as pranayamas like anuloma vilom Nadi sodhan and bhramari.

Can I get my acne scars permanently cured without any medication?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old boy with a face full of acne scars. I have it for the last two years. I have tried many home remedies but did not consult a doctor. They got cured to some extent in the last two to three months or so but have now started reappearing. I want a permanent cure wit...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nowadays, acne is considered physiological and a natural phenomenon rather pathological. Around 95% of the world population would have acne at some point in life.  Getting into your case, you are 20 years old, it is the active age of acne. It starts a...  Read Full

What medicine can treat acne scars on my upper back?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male. For no reasons, my upper back has formed acne in the back of shoulders and in the mid-upper back. I tried Benzoyl wash, Vanoxide Topical, and Doxycycline. There was no success. I am now using Hibiclens foam wash, Clindamycin and Benzoyl foam, and a Sulfamethox...  Read Full >>

Dr. Kakkar
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Perhaps it is Pityrosporum folliculitis. It is usually itchy and favors back and looks similar to acne. Do they itch in your case? Pityrosporum folliculitis would require oral antifungals. Anyways acne that is unresponsive to usual antiacne medications oral and t...  Read Full

What can be done to clear acne marks due to pimples during periods?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old and I have a combination skin type. I have minimal breakouts basically during my periods but these pimples leave a lot of marks. Please suggest me a tablet or a treatment on how to remove these marks. Also, I do not want to take any medicines containing steroids or ap...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. First, you need to understand acne is common and you may experience frequent exacerbation due to stress or periods as you already told. Moreover, steroids should never be used in acne skin. In fact, this aggravates acne. Please apply Clind...  Read Full

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now