Q. I have acne marks, dark spots and pigmentation on face and Kojiglo gel did not help. Why?

Answered by
Dr. Deepti Shukla
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 28, 2020

Hello doctor,

I do have acne marks, dark spots and pigmentation on my facial skin. I have tried Kojiglo gel for a long time but still no effect. It has been on my face for three to four years. I normally take care of my skin and usually wear sunscreen.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

I went through the history and photos you provided (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Yes, you have a dark spot along with that you still have a few pimples. From the photo, it seems like you have developed topical steroid damaged face.

Have you applied any cream other than Kojiglo and Adapalene i.e. any cream from medical store over the counter? Do you get your periods regularly?

Do not worry, I will help you with this concern and provide you satisfactory treatment. Kindly follow up so I can advise you on treatment.

Thank you doctor,

I tried various creams like Clindamycin, Clarithromycin but have stopped using it from the last two years. I tried various home remedies but all of them did not work. I get my PCOS/ PCOD test done, but my hormone levels are normal and I get my periods regularly.

I am currently studying in abroad and consulted a dermatologist here. She prescribed me to use Stieva A 0.01 % for the treatment. Should I proceed with that or is there any better alternative? Kindly look into that.



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

Yes, you should proceed with Stieva, it is a retinoid cream which is really good for acne. But few instructions with it, apply only in night in very small quantity. Do not apply around eyes and corner of mouth. And use sunscreen.

Also, use Nadifloxacin 1% gel, it is a really good antibiotic gel for acne. Apply this gel twice daily mainly over pimples. Start taking Vitamin C tablet once daily for two months. These will help in dark spots.

And use Kojivit ultra gel for dark spots. It is better than Kojiglo gel. Apply Kojivit ultra gel once daily on the dark spots. Take capsule Zitcare (multivitamins) once daily after dinner for two months. If you do not get Zitcare capsule there let me know.

Always use sunscreen. Avoid junk food, milk, and chocolates.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
How to get my acne scars removed?

I have severe acne scars on my face, back, lower back and below the neck ... How to get my acne scars removed ...  Can laser treatment do any benefit ... If at all ...   Read full

I have lots of dark spots all over my body. Please suggest the best treatment.

.. me the following questions to give more accurate treatment. How long it has been there? Is itching still there? Can you mention any exaggerating and relieving factor? Any area spared? How long have you been breastfeeding? Revert back with the answ...   Read full

What medicine can treat acne scars on my upper back?

For no reasons, my upper back has formed acne in the back of shoulders and in the mid-upper back ... Of note, I had a very severe acne on the upper back and face when I was a teenager ...   Read full


This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Breast Cancer - Causes, Symptoms, Types, Risk Factors,Diagnosis, Treatment , and Precaution
Breast cancer causes severe problems in female patients. Read this article to know more.  Read more»
COVID-19 Vaccines in India
Two vaccines, Covishield and Covaxin, have been granted emergency use authorization in India. Read about these vaccines'...  Read more»
Sinusitis - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
Sinusitis is the infection of the air cavities within the nasal passages. Normally, the healthy sinuses are filled with ...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dermatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.