Q. I have acne marks, dark spots and pigmentation on face and Kojiglo gel did not help. Why?

Dr. Deepti Shukla

I do have acne marks, dark spots and pigmentation on my facial skin. I have tried Kojiglo gel for a long time but still no effect. It has been on my face for three to four years. I normally take care of my skin and usually wear sunscreen.

#

I went through the history and photos you provided (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Yes, you have a dark spot along with that you still have a few pimples. From the photo, it seems like you have developed topical steroid damaged face.

Have you applied any cream other than Kojiglo and Adapalene i.e. any cream from medical store over the counter? Do you get your periods regularly?

Do not worry, I will help you with this concern and provide you satisfactory treatment. Kindly follow up so I can advise you on treatment.

I tried various creams like Clindamycin, Clarithromycin but have stopped using it from the last two years. I tried various home remedies but all of them did not work. I get my PCOS/ PCOD test done, but my hormone levels are normal and I get my periods regularly.

I am currently studying in abroad and consulted a dermatologist here. She prescribed me to use Stieva A 0.01 % for the treatment. Should I proceed with that or is there any better alternative? Kindly look into that.

#

Yes, you should proceed with Stieva, it is a retinoid cream which is really good for acne. But few instructions with it, apply only in night in very small quantity. Do not apply around eyes and corner of mouth. And use sunscreen.

Also, use Nadifloxacin 1% gel, it is a really good antibiotic gel for acne. Apply this gel twice daily mainly over pimples. Start taking Vitamin C tablet once daily for two months. These will help in dark spots.

And use Kojivit ultra gel for dark spots. It is better than Kojiglo gel. Apply Kojivit ultra gel once daily on the dark spots. Take capsule Zitcare (multivitamins) once daily after dinner for two months. If you do not get Zitcare capsule there let me know.

Always use sunscreen. Avoid junk food, milk, and chocolates.

|