Q. I do not have oily foods but still have pimples. Why?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 29, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 27, 2019

I am 21 years old. I am suffering from pimples and their dark spots. What happens is one or two pimples appear and vanish in two to four days leaving dark spots behind. The same thing repeats again and again. Now there is a lot of dark spots in my face. I do not use oil in my hair and also avoid oily foods. Pimples contain something whitish. What should I do? Please suggest.

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I can understand your concern. You need to take proper medicine for the treatment of pimples so that dark spots will not appear.

• Use a Salicylic acid face wash twice daily and apply Benzoyl peroxide 2.5 percent gel on the pimples twice daily. Along with this take a course of tablet Azithromycin 500 mg daily for three consecutive days in a week for six weeks.
  • For the dark spots apply Tretinoin cream 0.05 percent on the dark spots at night in minute amounts.
  • Sometimes, dandruff is also associated with pimples. If you have dandruff use Ketoconazole shampoo twice weekly along with tablet Fluconazole 200 mg twice weekly.
  • Besides this keep your face dry, avoid applying oily creams and moisturizers. You can use cosmetics labeled as noncomedogenic, reduce the intake of sugary foods and avoid direct sunlight.

Seborrhea or hormonal imbalance.

Acne vulgaris with post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.

Revert back after six weeks to a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Is my hair fall due to shampooing daily and dandruff?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had a dandruff problem for very long. So, I started shampooing my hair every day. Even then skipping even a single day of shampooing leaves my hair full of dirt and makes it completely oily. And an itchy scalp is always there no matter what I do. I have started losing a lot of ha...  Read Full »

Which medicine can be used to get rid of chicken-pox scars?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. I had chicken pox before one and a half month. After the chicken box was gone, I had some scars. So I went to a dermatologist to give me a medicine to clear the scars, he gave me new gel E. I had some pimples on my forehead so he advised and wrote for me a face wash...  Read Full »

Suggest ways to fade acne marks apart from laser treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, I have used Benzoyl peroxide gel for my acne and it has almost cleared. But, the acne left some red marks and blemishes on my cheek. I wanted to fade that redness on my skin. In the past, I used Epiduo gel. Please suggest me a product and guide me to remove that redness without laser ...  Read Full »