Q. I have boils on my chest from the left to right shoulder. Please help me.

and medically reviewed by Dr. Infanteena Marily

I am a 22-year-old female, and I have boils on my chest from the left to right shoulder. Please help me.

#

I have seen your query and understand your concern.

Acne vulgaris is a common skin problem in adolescents. In adulthood, it involves pilosebaceous follicles or oil glands and therefore involves areas where oil glands are dense like face, chest, back, upper arms are common sites of involvement.

You have to do certain dietary restrictions like avoiding oily and spicy food, junk food, milk products, and non-vegetarian foods. Use a lot of water which hydrates your skin.

I suggest tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once daily for three consecutive days a week for three weeks. I also mean capsule Isotretinoin 20 mg once daily and apply Benzoyl peroxide 10% gel on the pimples twice daily for six weeks.

It would help if you used Perobar (Benzoyl peroxide) 5% soap for bathing. Besides this, keep your back dry. Follow some skin care tips such as avoiding applying cream and moisturizer, avoiding wearing tight clothes, and reducing sugary foods.

Before starting the oral medication, get liver function tests and a lipid profile. If these come normal, I suggest capsule Isotretinoin and revert after six weeks as acne is a chronic disease and will take time to resolve.

|