Q. I have mild or moderate acne for the past eight months. Which cream should I use?

and medically reviewed by Dr. Infanteena Marily

I have mild or moderate acne for the past eight months. I had it only once before 15 months. I used some gel prescribed by a dermatologist, but after three months, it did not go well for me. My face used to burn or irritate and appear red whenever I applied that. For the next six months, there is no possibility of fixing an appointment with a dermatologist, and in private, it would cost so much. So please help me. Which treatment or cream should I use? I have dry (combination sometimes), sensitive, and now acne-prone skin. I saw some ingredients or products only recommended by a dermatologist. Still, some say Niacinamide is suitable for dry skin, and some say it is not. There are many other ingredients like salicylic, azelaic, and hyaluronic acids, and I cannot understand if I should use them.

History of medication for the same complaint:

Biretix tri-active anti-blemish gel.

#

I have seen your query and understand your concern.

Acne vulgaris is a common skin problem in adolescents. In adulthood, it involves pilosebaceous follicles or oil glands. Therefore, it involves areas where oil glands are dense, like the face, chest, back, upper arms are common sites of involvement. In your case, it looks like grade 1 to grade 2 acne.

You can start using 1% Clindamycin gel during daytime over pimples and 0.1% Adapalene gel in night hours over the whole face for around two to three months. With Adapalene gel, you may develop a little bit of burning sensation, which you should use in small quantities.

For cleaning the face, you can use Cutiwash soft foam gel (Lactic acid) face wash.

|