Q. I have two lumps under my ear and got a fever the last two days. Kindly help me.

Dr. Sugreev Singh
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

I have two lumps under my ear, one big and one smaller right under the big one. Not sure if it is a lymph node or something else. I had a light fever the last two days (37 degrees), but now it is back to normal. Sometimes I get lumps in my armpits, but all the doctors say it is nothing serious, and it is because of the sweating. Kindly give your opinion.

#

These are due to infection, and in some cases, there can be a cyst that is not really harmful and goes by itself. But in your case, these are more likely acne vulgaris because, as I can see (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), there are other acne as well. All these acne at different regions such as armpits and all are due to bacterial infection only, so antibiotics are required.

So don’t worry, I would suggest you follow the steps:

1) Apply ointment Adapalene 0.1 w/w once on the face where these lumps are presented before sleeping.

2) Take tablet Doxycycline 100 mg once a day after meal for five days.

If you are allergic to antibiotics, then please inform me. And let me know after five days. I will go for further treatment accordingly. If anything else, please let me know. Drink an adequate amount of water. I hope this was helpful.

|