Q. My skin is photodamaged and wrinkled. Why?

Dr. Rashmi Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 27, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Can I use Adapalene, Clindamycin and Acedapsone in combination for acne vulgaris? Currently I am on the latter two and Isotretinoin capsules and also taking an antibiotic known as Azithromycin. My skin is also photodamaged and wrinkled. Kindly guide.

#

Yes, you can use all of that.

• Isotretinoin, Adapalene and Benzoyl peroxide (BPO) can irritate your skin a lot.
  • My advise is to continue it only till your acne comes down a bit, but then continue only with Clindamycin.
  • For photodamaged skin both Isotretinoin and topical Retinoids can help. Tretinoin works better than Adapalene though.
  • Please do not self-medicate with Isotretinoin. Do it under dermatologist's or physician's supervision only.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I have already consulted with a doctor and he only prescribed me the above medications. I was using Adapalene and Involym for two months as my acne was not improving. He asked me to stop both the medications. Though acne have significantly reduced, large pores and wrinkles are still there for which Adapalene as well asTretinoin gel helped a lot. After a year it recurred again. Is it alright if I continue Adapalene or Isotretinoin along with the above medications? Please help.

#

• If it does not irritate your skin, you can use the combination. There is no contraindication.

|