Q. Please help with my acne as I have no idea about this.

Answered by
Dr. Suvash Sahu
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on May 05, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 19, 2020

Hi doctor,

I am having something like acne. They are superficial spots and a lot of them are mainly on my forehead, jaw and chin area. I am suffering with this problem for over a year now. Also, I have clogged pores and blackheads. I visited a doctor before and he said that he would not do anything and transferred me to a dermatologist. I have no idea what to do anymore. I am so upset about this. I feel like I have tried almost everything. Please help.

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and read the query in detail.

  • Your problem seems to be acne vulgaris. Acne vulgaris is a common skin concern in adolescents and may sometimes persist in adulthood too.
  • It is a skin disorder involving pilosebaceous follicles or oil glands and is therefore seen to involve areas where oil glands are dense. Face, chest, back and upper arms are the common sites of involvement.
  • You have to do certain dietary restrictions like not to take oily and spicy food, junk food, milk products and non-vegetarian.
  • Drink lots of water which hydrates your skin and avoid applying hair oil, because it can aggravate your forehead acne.
  • You can use topical antibiotics cream like 1% Clindamycin gel over the pimples in daytime and topical retinoids like 0.1% Adapalene gel during night daily for few months.
  • These topical retinoids gel can slightly irritate your skin. So, it should be used in low quantity. If irritation persists then immediately stop using it.
  • You can use Cutiwash face wash or alcohol and acetone free cleanser or soft soap twice daily.

The Probable causes:

May be hormonal imbalance and PCOS.

Investigations to be done:

Hormone profile and ultrasonography of abdomen to rule out PCOS.

Differential diagnosis:

Acne vulgaris and Rosacea.

Regarding follow up:

Revert back with the investigation reports to a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Was this answer helpful?


Ask a QueryAsk a Query Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Will PCOS delay pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. My height is 5'4" and weight is 70 kg. We have been trying for pregnancy for a year. My husband's reports were all normal. I am having PCOS, but my periods are very regular. I am on Oxetol 300 mg for partial seizure since one year. I am also taking Metformin 500 mg t...  Read Full »

Can PCOS cause irregular periods?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old unmarried woman. Last month my period was irregular. I got my periods on the 30th of last month and it was already 20 days later from the actual due. Initially, I had spotting for five days, then I bled for seven days and again, had spotting for three days. Now, I am bl...  Read Full »

I get red cysts on my face. Is it acne or rosacea?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I am 6'1" tall and I weigh 170 pounds. Often, I get red cysts of some sort on my face beneath the skin that take a while to heal. I have oily skin, and get whiteheads as well. I have fluid-filled boil-like lesions on my face. I have been to a few dermatologist...  Read Full »



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dermatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.