Q. The spots on my forehead seem to itch and are spreading. How to treat it?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Hi there.

I've not changed cosmetic products. The spots on my forehead really just started maybe have had them for a couple weeks I haven't done much of anything. I've just been showering regularly have been afraid to use any new products and make it worse. That's why I reached out. Do you have any recommendations for what I can try? They seem to itch a little bit on my forhead and seem to be spreading. I never had any issues with my forehead but al the sudden I'm breaking out a bunch. They are definitely getting worse.

My skin is very sensitive I always tend to breakout around shaving areas but thought it was very strange to have it all over my forhead and I can't seem to get rid of it.

I've been using facial washes etc shower twice a day. Please let me know if you have any suggestions thank you - what are these, how can I treat? Pics attached.

#

Ur having acne vulgaris grade 2, which seems to have worsened a little. However, it can b managed wit proper medication. U shouldn't prick at ur pimples as it could get infected and leave spots all over.

Start using Suncros aquagel , which is a sunscreen, daily morning... u can use Fash facewash twice daily.. apply Benzac AC 5% gel, for 2 hrs over d pimples daily in d evening...

cut down on sweets, junk food and oily stuff... d response would b slow and can take upto 4 weeks... if not satisfactory v could step up to retinoids

| 

Top 10 Questions on Acne

Article Overview: Acne vulgaris or what is commonly known as pimples starts in teens. It leads to the lowering of self-esteem, decreased work capacity and some form of permanent scarring. There is a huge misinformation among parents and patients about the disease, thus leaving them perplexed as to how to deal with it. In this article, I have gathered the top 10 questions on acne to help both parents as well as patients to guide them to make informed choices on the issue. These, however, are general guidelines and patients are advised to consult a qualified dermatologist for treatment. Read Article

Dr. Abdul Samieh Deva

What Is Acne? Acne is a disorder of pilosebaceous unit found in the skin. Sebaceous gland is often associated with a hair follicle and is known as a pilosebaceous unit. The most important lesion in acne is a comedone. Besides, papules, pustules, and nodules are also found. In common terms, these ar...  Read Article

How can cystic acne be treated without disfiguring the face?

Query: Hello doctor, How can a cystic acne be treated without devastating the face? And advice about men's health on cystic acne and what is the best treatment for cystic acne?  Read Full »

How are itchy bumps on the vagina treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old unmarried female. From last one year, I have been suffering from vaginal infection. A few small bumps have grown inside the skin of the vagina. Sometimes, I feel itching inside it. I am sexually active with my fiance. I have consulted a specialist. She told me due t...  Read Full »

COVID-19 Vaccines in India
Two vaccines, Covishield and Covaxin, have been granted emergency use authorization in India. Read about these vaccines'...  Read more»
I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»

Ask a Cosmetologist Now