HomeAnswersDermatologyacneI suffer from itchy acne on my cheek during summer. How can I treat them?

How to get rid of acne and itching during summer?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Dr. Suvina Attavar

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At November 18, 2023
Reviewed AtDecember 4, 2023

Patient's Query

I have been facing severe acne problems on my cheek since the beginning of this summer. They itch a lot and become red and swollen, and it has some white bulbous structure on them also. Suggest some medicines.

Answered by Dr. Suvina Attavar

Welcome to iclinq.com.

I would like to know if you have irregular periods. If you do, kindly visit your gynaecologist for hormonal work, as this could be the reason for your acne. You would need a course of antibiotic Azithromycin 500 milligrams to be taken once a day for three consecutive days. This is to be repeated on the same three days for four weeks. You could use Acnestar gel (Clindamycin and Nicotinamide) over the pimples in the morning. Also, you could use a cream containing Adapalene and Benzoyl peroxide for two hours at night over the pimples. If the lesions do not subside, you might require Isotretinoin after investigation and a prescription from a dermatologist.

I hope this helps. Take care.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Suvina Attavar

Dr. Suvina Attavar

Dermatology

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Read answers about:

acnemanagement of acne

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Dermatology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy