I have had a deep acne scar since the age of 16. Please help.

Q. How to get rid of long-lasting acne scars?

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

I am a 29-year-old male who has been dealing with acne scars since I was 16. I have consulted a couple of dermatologists, but I did not see significant improvement, partly due to my inconsistency in following treatments for more than a month. Currently, I have deep acne scars on my cheeks and a few post-pimple dark marks. I have stopped using all products except for soap and face wash. My question is, what are the most cost-effective treatments for deep acne scars on my cheeks, considering my limited budget and the need for quicker results?

#

I am glad you chose icliniq for your medical-related queries.

I understand your concern and will try to help you with it.

There are three types of post-acne scars: box scars, icepick (pinpoint scars), and rolling scars. Pinpoint scars are challenging to treat, while box scars are relatively easier to address.

1. Creams or tablets are not effective in treating scars.

2. The most recommended technique is the use of CO2 (carbon dioxide) fractional laser combined with subcision. It involves 5 to 6 sessions, but the results are superior to other procedures.

3. Another method is derma roller combined with subcision, although it is less effective compared to the aforementioned technique.

4. Fillers have a concealing effect, filling the pits and creating the appearance of fullness. However, it is not a permanent solution.

5. Chemical peels can be effective for scars that are not highly prominent.

These are the techniques you can consider. All procedures require 4 to 6 sessions and around 5 to 6 months for optimal results.

I appreciate your trust in icliniq.com and for giving me the chance to serve you.

Our goal is to prioritize your health and help you according to your preferences and needs.

|