HomeAnswersDermatologyacneI am experiencing recurrence of acne despite using various anti-acne gels and medications. Please help.

How to overcome recurrence of acne despite using anti-acne gels and medications?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At December 7, 2023
Reviewed AtDecember 8, 2023

Patient's Query

First, I used Faceclin gel for some time and I got relief, but after six months, the acne started to come back, so my doctor told me to use Peroclin gel 2.5 % to prevent the occurrence of acne and scars. I have been using it for a month, but still acne is appearing on my face and spots are also present. What should I do? I have been taking D Acne 10 mg tablet for six months. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Suvash Sahu

We will pay close attention to your worries and address all your questions with utmost care.

I examined the pictures (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity) that you shared, and they appear to be acne vulgaris. Acne vulgaris is a common skin problem in adolescents and in adulthood it involves the pilosebaceous follicles or oil glands and is therefore seen to involve areas where the oil glands are dense like the face, chest, back, and upper arms. Your case seems to be grade 1 to grade 2 acne.

You can continue using Faceclin gel (Adapalene and Clindamycin) during the daytime over the pimples and Microbenz (Benzoyl peroxide) 3.5 % gel or Peroclin gel (Benzoyl peroxide and Clindamycin) 2.5 % at night over the whole face for about two to three months. Please note that acne is a chronic problem that requires a long duration of treatment with a waxing and waning course. For cleaning your face, you can use Niacinamide (Face care) face wash twice daily. You have to do certain dietary restrictions like not taking oily or spicy foods, junk foods, milk products, and non-vegetarian foods. Drink lots of water as it will keep your skin hydrated.

I hope this helps. Do get back if you have any further queries.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dermatology

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Read answers about:

benzoyl peroxideacne

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Dermatology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy