HomeAnswersDermatologyacneI have been struggling with severe acne on one side of my cheek for the past two years despite taking antibiotics. Kindly help.

How to overcome persistent acne on cheek?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At November 27, 2023
Reviewed AtNovember 27, 2023

Patient's Query

I have been struggling with severe acne on one side of my cheek for the past two years. While I occasionally experience breakouts on other parts of my face, the pimples on my left cheek are particularly large and have significantly impacted my quality of life. I have already undergone a few months of antibiotic treatment and used Duac cream (Clindamycin phosphate and Benzoyl peroxide) as well, but unfortunately, neither has given positive results. Kindly help.

I can understand your concern.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing persistent acne on your cheek, and I can understand how it can affect your self-esteem and overall quality of life. Acne can be challenging to deal with, but there are steps you can take to manage and improve the condition.

I suggest you take the following steps:

1. First, it is important to establish a regular skincare routine. Make sure to cleanse your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser that suits your skin type. Avoid harsh scrubbing or using products that may irritate your skin further. After cleansing, apply a non-comedogenic moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated.

2. Consider incorporating over-the-counter acne treatments containing ingredients like benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid into your skincare routine. These ingredients can help reduce inflammation and unclog the pores, which can contribute to the development of pimples. However, be cautious and start with low concentrations to assess how your skin responds. If your acne does not improve after a few weeks or if it becomes more severe, it may be best to consult a dermatologist who can provide you with personalized treatment options.

3. In addition to a good skincare routine, maintaining a healthy lifestyle can also support the improvement of your skin. Eating a balanced diet, staying hydrated, getting enough sleep, and managing stress levels can all have a positive impact on your skin health.

Remember, addressing acne is a gradual process, and it may take some time to see visible improvements. Be patient with yourself, and try to focus on the progress you make rather than being too critical of your appearance.

I hope this helps. Feel free to contact me if you have any further queries.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Vandana Andrews
Dr. Vandana Andrews

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Read answers about:

clindamycinacne

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Dermatology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy