I am an 18-year-old female, and I have had acne for many years now, but I feel insecure about it. My skin was clear until I hit my teenage years. However, now I have pimples on my cheeks and forehead. What can be done? Kindly suggest.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I have gone through the information provided by you, and I understand your concern. Acne may be caused due to multiple factors, including genetic susceptibility, hormonal fluctuations, age-related stress, dietary changes, and climate changes. PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease) is also one of the reasons among young women due to hormonal fluctuations, which also cause menstrual irregularities, unwanted facial hair growth, weight gain, hair loss, etc. They may appear on and off depending on the above trigger factors. As you grow older, they will stabilize. The below medications will help manage them. I suggest you take the following medications:
1. Cera Ve SA (Cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium lauroyl sarcosinate, Niacinamide, Gluconolactone, and Sodium Methylcocoyl Taurate) facial cleanser to be used twice daily. Apply a sufficient quantity, massage, and gentle circular motions for one minute and wash off. Continue usage for two months.
2. Peroclin 2.5% gel (Clindamycin and Benzoyl peroxide gel) to be used in the morning after cleaning and drying the face. Apply a small quantity on the acne spots only.
3. Actreat gel (Clindamycin Nicotinamide gel) to be applied at night daily after using the face wash.
4. Glycolic acid chemical peels may be used at a dermatologist's clinic to help with textural skin.
5. Avoid oily and fried food, sweets, red meat, milk, and dairy products.
6. Consume more fruits, vegetables, fiber, and at least 12 glasses of water daily.
7. Gynaecology consultation in case of menstrual irregularities or other symptoms to rule out PCOD.
Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with them and take medications with their consent. I hope this helps you.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
What Is Acne ... Acne is a disorder of the pilosebaceous unit, pilo meaning hair, and sebaceous meaning oil-producing gland ... Acne, if not treated on time, will le... Read fullAm I pregnant or hormonal imbalance is the cause of missed periods?
Hi doctor, My periods are irregular for the past five months ... As you have taken hormonal pills frequently, it is normal to have a delayed, scanty and irregular ... Read fullCan PCOD cause problems in getting pregnant?
.. Aloes compound tablet - two in the morning and two at night. Vaan Kumari Legiyam - 1 g (1 spoon), three times daily. Capsule Siddhadhi Ennai - seven capsules together during the second or third day of periods starting. Take it at 6 AM, and drink o... Read full
Also Read Answers From:
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Dermatologist Now