HomeAnswersDermatologyacneI suffer from acne that does not go away despite taking Doxycycline and topical medications. Why?

How to treat acne that remains despite taking medications?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At October 22, 2023
Reviewed AtOctober 22, 2023

Patient's Query

I am a 30-year-old female. I have acne that would not go away despite taking Doxycyclin and topicals like Azelaic acid, Salicylic acid, Gluconolactone, and Glycolic acid. I do not have PCOS.

The most severe type of acne vulgaris is cystic acne. It appears on the face or other parts of the body. They are deep and inflamed when breakout. Cystic acne can affect anyone, but teenage and young adults are more likely to develop it. Cystic acne is frequently brought on by overactive oil glands, an abundance of dead skin cells, and a high population of acne-causing bacteria. Recognize that cystic acne causes deeper skin tissue damage than regular acne and increases the likelihood of scarring. Consult your dermatologist about other treatment options. The use of a derma roller or micro needling includes stimulating the production of new collagen in the dermal layer of skin, which helps to cure or enhance surface imperfections like stretch marks and acne scars. Localized atrophy, the loss of dermal collagen, or dermal scarring dragging down the epidermis are the causes of these surface abnormalities. These treatment methods can reduce surface imperfections by 30 % to 50 %, and in some cases, even more. The outcomes differ from patient to patient. I hope this helps.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Vandana Andrews
Dr. Vandana Andrews

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Read answers about:

doxycyclineacne

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Dermatology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy